• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

need your advice

Reaction score
First Name
JB
Last Name
Seale
Hey folks, I'm trying to help a friend find a front wheel for his bike and I thought TWT would be a good place to start. He ran over a piece of 2x4 that came off a trailer he was following last night at about 70 mph on I-35 going south into Lewisville. Of course it ruined the tire but it also ruined the wheel too. So I thought I'd ask and see if you can point me in the right direction for a reasonably priced front wheel. New ones are out of sight, $$$. He rides a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400. The front tire size is 120/70/ZR17.
I'm a Gold Wing guy so I'm not much help to him and that's why I'm asking you guys. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
You can contact me at: jb.seale@banctec.com Many Thanks! JB

Ruined wheels are a matter of perspective. If it is just bent and an aluminum wheel with no cracking then I know a place in Arlington that will straighten and powder coat the wheel for $ 150 (Last I checked). I think 150 is the minimum rate so if you got some other stuff you want done that would be a good time. Check out Dallaswheelrepair.com and right now they have a 50 dollar off coupon for new customers. I called and verified they still do repairs so hopefully that might be an option for you...

THANKS rpcraft! My buddy says that will definitely be an option. I gave him all the info on Dallas Wheels Repair that you sent along and he said he'd give them a call. Appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Those are the guys I'd recommend. If it's not fixable, start contacting the used parts places - i.e. Bates in Dallas. And there's a place in north Ft Worth; the name escapes me.

Those are the guys I'd recommend. If it's not fixable, start contacting the used parts places - i.e. Bates in Dallas. And there's a place in north Ft Worth; the name escapes me.

Mr Motorcycle on 28th east of I-35w and just to the west of Beach. 817-284-0807

Just make sure when he takes the wheel in to go ahead and remove the bearings and parts in the center. I didn't think about it when I took mine. They took it all apart and gave it back to me but forgot the center bushing so I had to make a second trip by there and search through some spare parts until we found it.

Thanks for the heads up rpcraft. I'll be removing the wheel for him and will certainly remove the bushing & bearings etc.
My friend asked me to thank everybody on his behalf for your contributions to help find a solution to his front wheel problem. I told him that he can always count on the good folks at TWT to help out. I think I even convinced him to sign on with us here at TWT. Thanks again! :rider:

Last edited:
Glad that helps out. I know I had them do a front wheel for my project Hawk and I was really pleased with the results. The only thing that got botched was when I was heating the wheel to put the bearings back in (was being lazy and didn't have a bearing driver). I heated the wheel up to about 180 and picked it up with an oven mit and left a nice little imprint on a small part of the powder coat. Learning lesson, lol.

There's also a Concours Owner's Group (COG) with riders of all generations of Connies. They have a "for sale/wanted" as well as some good guys with info (much like the TWT fellows)

Back