• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

186mph agreement seems to be gone...

Now riders can buy a powerful toy to kill themselves with just like the Hellcat drivers can!

:clap:

little bit sarcasm, maybe

.(usedtobehappyriderhere)

This really isn't a ground breaking slap in the face to all other manufacturers as the R model is a race only bike with no lights, mirrors, or anything else needed to be DOT legal.

I wonder if the Ducati GP replica bike from a few years back was limited? That one was technically street legal but just barely.

This really isn't a ground breaking slap in the face to all other manufacturers as the R model is a race only bike with no lights, mirrors, or anything else needed to be DOT legal.

I wonder if the Ducati GP replica bike from a few years back was limited? That one was technically street legal but just barely.

yep, that is a race bike, not the street legal version.
the European builders were not part to the agreement to limit top speed and till the BMW S1000 came along there was no need to.

I haven't dug any deeper than that is a stupid powerful bike... Is there a mechanical or software difference between race and street trim?

I'd love to see a 200-300 cc turbo. Would make a great touring bike and keep the mpgs up

I haven't dug any deeper than that is a stupid powerful bike... Is there a mechanical or software difference between race and street trim?

I'd love to see a 200-300 cc turbo. Would make a great touring bike and keep the mpgs up

both, there is over 100hp difference between them, a lot of people were disappointed to learn the street version is only 200hp

Honda is working on a blown version of the NC750

Only 200 HP :rollseyes That is still 4x the power to weight ratio of a vette. I'm good thanks. Lol.

Did you see the Sport Rider video where it out runs about a million or two worth of exotic Bugatti and McLaren in half mile runs?

Yeah, I have it on my Facebook. The closest was a 1350 hp GT-R

Only 200 HP :rollseyes That is still 4x the power to weight ratio of a vette. I'm good thanks. Lol.

nope, the Kawasaki is a pig its power to weight ratio is only 1.93X the ratio of the 2015 Z06

the BMW S1000RR has a better power to weight ratio than the H2 :rider:
same displacement, 67 lbs lighter and only down 7 hp without a supercharger.

Thx Bill for the clarification on being a race bike vs street version. I missed that or didn't get it. I wonder if any of these will show up at the Texas Mile. Doing that in 985m is considerably less than a mile so there's plenty of room for a 200+ mph run.

The 1990 ZX11 topped out at 176 mph with a simple old tech, carbed motor, ram air and a slippery fairing.

It has hard to believe it has taken another 25 years and several leaps in technology to hit near 200 on a stock street bike.

Written in 1998, this article has some interesting info about aerodynamics, HP and weight.

http://www.zx11.info/zx11/aero.htm

Not that I think really need street toys that fast, but the law / agreement / whatever it was always seemed more symbolic than anything else to me. I mean, if you smack a light pole at 300 kph versus 330 kph, are your survival chances that much better? Or maybe we think that only 300 kph, a Crown Vic won't have any trouble keeping up.

The 1990 ZX11 topped out at 176 mph with a simple old tech, carbed motor, ram air and a slippery fairing.

It has hard to believe it has taken another 25 years and several leaps in technology to hit near 200 on a stock street bike.

Written in 1998, this article has some interesting info about aerodynamics, HP and weight.

The '99 Hayabusa and the '00 ZX-12R were in the mid 190's, that was the reason for the 300kph agreement.

It is a LOT more difficult to get from 175 to 200 than from 150 to 175. Lightening, gearing, exhaust, and streamliner body on a tube frame topped 150. Yoshimura top end, cam, bore kit, Mikuni carbs, and gear ratio topped 175. 200 required a close ratio transmission, further gearing changes, more radical cam, electronic ignition, stroker crank, 14.2:1 compression, reworked head, radical carb mods to run toluene (common octane booster, also known as "rocket fuel" when run in Formula 1 cars), and low drag tires on top of the Yoshimura 175mph SOHC top end.

A crown vic would have trouble keeping up with a teenager on a bicycle!!!

Not to side track the side tracks, but I thought the 186 limit was for horsepower and not miles per hour...

Back