• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

When will I ride again?

SRAD is so right! Recovery and rehabilitation time is a great time to get all those sweet mods you need, before the copays and deductibles come in the mail.

:oops:
SRAD is so right! Recovery and rehabilitation time is a great time to get all those sweet mods you need, before the copays and deductibles come in the mail.

Guilty as charged! (exactly my thinking. man, my priorities are screwed up)

:oops:

Title of thread was answered tonight. Kinda.

After spending too much time uncomfortably hunched over cleaning the chain, I thought I'd see if I could just sit on the bike. By standing on the foot peg, it was easy to swing right leg over and settle into the saddle. Felt good.

'I'll just slip into first gear and duck walk her back into the garage.'

Well, that was so much fun, I went into the garage and came right back out again, rode the sidewalk next door where Scott was working. He didn't look exactly thrilled to see me coming up the drive. Alarmed was more like it. But whipped out his camera and recorded the mini-event for posterity.

It's a good thing the front tire is flat and she isn't plated...

:sun:

Happy Dance! Glad to see this. Now just remember to take it easy. Right.....easier said then practiced.
Keep it going and maybe put a little more air in the front tire each day.

It's amazing how one person can suffer an injury and quit, while another can suffer an injury and work up a sweat hobbling after that cranky ol' horse. Don't be stupid and reinjure yourself.

There once was a neurologist who managed to convince his doctor that motocross boots provide sufficient protection to his broken leg to take up riding again just days after the initial injury.

You're in good company.

Best news of the week!! :clap: Congrats!!! I knew you'd be back in a the saddle sooner than later. Your determination is an inspiration! Way to go!!!!

BTW... Where's the helmet?? :shame:

Thanks you all.

Y'all may not realize how much this forum and the folks on it have meant to me during this experience. How your messages have kept me buoyed when otherwise, my spirit might have flagged.

TWT came to mean a lot to me not long after joining a couple of years ago Finding safe, sane and jovial riders to ride with, and later, camp with (wow!), has made a BIG difference in my life.

And now, through this recovery experience; the help and support I've received from TWT folks...hard to express my gratitude.

The one small way I can think of is something I should have done long before now. I have pledged to be a monthly supporter. Tourmeister, first payment should arrive June 4. You have fathered a thriving, loving community. Amazing. Thank you.

I am grateful and appreciate everyone who has followed the thread, posting advice, sharing their experiences and encouragement--it's been hugely helpful.

I am grateful to Scott (M38A1), who has put up with me all these weeks and whose help has been fundamental to the recovery. And of course, we met at a TWT camp out, another reason to love TWT.

I still have a ways to go, but am ready to move back home. My personal terrorist admitted on Thursday, "You are functional." The PT will continue, but I can live safely on my own.

So it feels like a new mini-chapter is ready to begin...

Thank you all!

Very well done SAB! We are all glad to see you making such a grand comeback. By the way, unless it rains us out, a few of TWT riders are planning a HF outing in the morning. If I make it there too, I will for sure collect the infamous root of all evil.

lol. "root of all evil" that's great.

thunder is rumbling in the distance right now, but you can never tell in Texas. Hope y'all have a great day at HF.

"You are functional."

Congratulations Gina! Get yourself ready for poolside hanging-out this summer.

Exacting a bit of humor for dinner this evening.... :-)
9be332dfcd2240bbee53209e9bcdb5e6.jpg

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

True, Ken. So did you two cool people seek this out or did it just fall in your lap?

First off, "fall" is a bad word choice. lol.

But yeah, this is about a mile from the house and I've watched it being built and it finally opened. So as pretty, cool and dry as it is this evening of the six week milestone since the get-off, seemed like a good choice. :eat:

Thanks you all.

Y'all may not realize how much this forum and the folks on it have meant to me during this experience. How your messages have kept me buoyed when otherwise, my spirit might have flagged.

TWT came to mean a lot to me not long after joining a couple of years ago Finding safe, sane and jovial riders to ride with, and later, camp with (wow!), has made a BIG difference in my life.

And now, through this recovery experience; the help and support I've received from TWT folks...hard to express my gratitude.

The one small way I can think of is something I should have done long before now. I have pledged to be a monthly supporter. Tourmeister, first payment should arrive June 4. You have fathered a thriving, loving community. Amazing. Thank you.

I am grateful and appreciate everyone who has followed the thread, posting advice, sharing their experiences and encouragement--it's been hugely helpful.

I am grateful to Scott (M38A1), who has put up with me all these weeks and whose help has been fundamental to the recovery. And of course, we met at a TWT camp out, another reason to love TWT.

I still have a ways to go, but am ready to move back home. My personal terrorist admitted on Thursday, "You are functional." The PT will continue, but I can live safely on my own.

So it feels like a new mini-chapter is ready to begin...

Thank you all!

Great to hear that you are doing better! Looking forward to seeing you and Scott on a ride. Best Wishes and continue to improve.

Back