TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 09-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
tperk314

TARA DFW North October Happenings

Hey guys...the year is flashing by...its almost time for Thanksgiving & before you know it...Christmas. We've got a couple months of reliable nice, cool weather to ride in...so let's get going!

1st Tuesday is October 3, at 7PM. Since we had several guys like Spring Creek BBQ, I tried to reserve it again last week...and of course it was already taken. I looked around for a place other than Fuddruckers, and decided to try something different. We are going to meet at Willhoites in Grapevine. www.willhoites.com It is located on Main Street...3 blocks north of the railroad tracks. They have been remodeling the front fašade of the building for a several weeks, so you have to enter from the rear. However the manager told me that they were supposed to finish up in a week or so. The building is on the west side of Main street. Directly across the street is a large public parking area, and directly behind the building there is public parking. This is a biker hangout on weekends, and if the construction is finished...you can park your bike on the curb directly in front. The only drawback is that we will have a waitress instead of self-serve, but it is a neat old place. If you want to stay past 9PM, you can be a karaoke star! Family & friends always welcome.

Chris is having his monthly ADV ride on Sunday Oct. 22.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115384

I think he is still putting the finishing touches on the route, but this one is on the west side of DFW. They typically run 100-125 miles with a mix of paved/unpaved. Usually about 70% unpaved. Try to make it if you can. They are always worth the trip!

We need to put together a D/S & Dirt bike ride also. We have a few different choices: I've wanted to get over to Barnwell Mountain in East TX.

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/index

I've never been out there, but have heard good things about it. It would have to be an overnight trip for me...probably show late afternoon, camp, then ride the next morning before heading home late afternoon.

Another place for the guys on the west side is Texplex Park, in Midlothian.

https://www.texplexpark.com/

One of the guys will be out there in the next day or so, and is going to report back. Hopefully with some pictures. You can't camp out there, but there are
picnic areas.

Finally...we always have Red River. Tried & true...a good place to spend the day or weekend.

If anyone wants to set up a meet at any of these locations, or anywhere else, just post on this thread, or let me know and I will get the info out via the email list.

Finally...the TARA group down in Austin has a 1st Saturday ride each month. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113220

I've been thinking about traveling down and riding with them. Look at some new scenery & meet some new riders. If anyone has an interest...let me know. It's probably too short notice for the October ride, but maybe November or December.

Remember: 1st Tuesday at Willhoites in Grapevine @ 7PM

Get out & ride!
tperk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
Devientartist

Re: TARA DFW North October Happenings

I would be up for a texplex meetup, or the east texas ride. Both sound great to me!

2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Honda XR650L
1980 Yamaha XS1100
1972 Yamaha R5 350cc Two-Stroke
Devientartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
charrito

Barnwell sounds good.
The views and opinions expressed in any of my posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this forum or anyone associated with it. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sometimes.
----------------------------------
IBA #57800
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (1,467 - ?)
2006 Yamaha TTR250
2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 - 28'855 miles
Spotwalla -- InstaCharrito
charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
tperk314

Hey guys...I know it's not about bikes, but you can ride your bike to it! Saw this ad today for a car show at TMS this weekend. Thought I would post in case anyone is interested. The website is: www.good-guys.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car show.jpg (33.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 10-01-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
tperk314

First Tuesday this week! New location: Willhoites in Grapevine @ 7PM

Hope to see everyone there. You can get maps and info from their website: www.willhoites.com If you are coming from the south (114/121) they are on Main Street...3 blocks north of the railroad track, on the west side of the road. Directly across is a large public parking lot and there is another public lot directly behind the building. Due to construction you may have to enter from the rear. I will swing by tomorrow and see if they are still working on the front of the bar. If you would like to put together a ride...just bring your ideas and make your pitch. Chris' monthly ADV ride map is now up on the twt thread...upcoming rides. This ride will be on the west side of DFW. As always...family & friends are welcome!
Old 10-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
tperk314

I swung by Willhoites today and they have not finished rebuilding the front fašade of the building. You can enter thru the front door after the workers have left, if you want...and they will be gone by 7PM. Do not park in the lot to the south of the bar...by the concrete jail cell. Either park across the street from the front in the public lot, or there is another public lot in the rear of the bar. We will be in a small corner at the front of the bar....off to the side by the dance floor. See you tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
tperk314

Hey guys...not a very good turnout last night for 1st Tuesday. Several guys had told me they weren't able to make it for various reasons, and the weather probably spooked a few more. I am still trying to find a favorite location for the meetings. Please let me know if you didn't come last night because we were meeting at Willhoite's. I am planning on trying it again next month, unless there is some problem with it. They have a buffet & salad bar, but not usually for dinner. Last night they had it out for the groups. Mainly for another larger group that was meeting upstairs, but it was for us also. If you don't like that location for some reason...let me know.

October rides: Roll the Bones Rally in Lake Whitney....October 13-15. www.rollthebonesrally.com. I don't know anything about this ride, but this is their 7th year...so they must be doing something right!

Chris is having his monthly ADV ride on Sunday October 22. This ride is taking place on the west side of DFW and will wind up in Muenster for lunch. It is about 140 miles, but mostly easy gravel roads. Contact Chris directly for more info. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115384

If anyone is up for a trip out to Barnwell Mountain at the end of the month, let me know asap. I would probably drive out on Friday 27th...spend the night and ride on Saturday...heading home Saturday afternoon. Right now I am scheduled to work on that Saturday. If enough guys want to meet out there I will do some trading around to get the day off. However...I'm not going to mess with it unless there are several folks wanting to go! www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Finally...if anyone wants to go down to Austin on Saturday Nov. 4th...to ride with the Austin TARA group, on their 1st Saturday ride...let me know. I would probably leave 3:30 am...trailer down...make the ride...and then trailer home all on the same day. If it is a rough ride, might stay over Saturday night and drive home Sunday. Let me know if you are interested. You can pull up the routes on their thread: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113220

Hope to see you guys on the trail!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #8
Simmons1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperk314 View Post
Hey guys...not a very good turnout last night for 1st Tuesday. Several guys had told me they weren't able to make it for various reasons, and the weather probably spooked a few more. I am still trying to find a favorite location for the meetings. Please let me know if you didn't come last night because we were meeting at Willhoite's. I am planning on trying it again next month, unless there is some problem with it. They have a buffet & salad bar, but not usually for dinner. Last night they had it out for the groups. Mainly for another larger group that was meeting upstairs, but it was for us also. If you don't like that location for some reason...let me know.

October rides: Roll the Bones Rally in Lake Whitney....October 13-15. www.rollthebonesrally.com. I don't know anything about this ride, but this is their 7th year...so they must be doing something right!

Chris is having his monthly ADV ride on Sunday October 22. This ride is taking place on the west side of DFW and will wind up in Muenster for lunch. It is about 140 miles, but mostly easy gravel roads. Contact Chris directly for more info. http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115384

If anyone is up for a trip out to Barnwell Mountain at the end of the month, let me know asap. I would probably drive out on Friday 27th...spend the night and ride on Saturday...heading home Saturday afternoon. Right now I am scheduled to work on that Saturday. If enough guys want to meet out there I will do some trading around to get the day off. However...I'm not going to mess with it unless there are several folks wanting to go! www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Finally...if anyone wants to go down to Austin on Saturday Nov. 4th...to ride with the Austin TARA group, on their 1st Saturday ride...let me know. I would probably leave 3:30 am...trailer down...make the ride...and then trailer home all on the same day. If it is a rough ride, might stay over Saturday night and drive home Sunday. Let me know if you are interested. You can pull up the routes on their thread: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113220

Hope to see you guys on the trail!
I was out of town last week and have been working late every night too try and get caught up.

Willhoites is not my favorite place, but I would have been there if I got out of work a couple hours
earlier.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Some people buy motorcycles for road trips
while others buy them for ego trips.

Where's Rich been lately?

Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / ST1300 / KLR650 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750 / H1 500
Simmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #9
charrito

I usually can't make it out during the week, so it's not the place, it's finding the time. As for weekend rides, I'd be up for something a little more "off-road" where I could take the TTR, as opposed to gravel/CRs on the Tiger. $.02

Camping at Barnwell looks really good, but I'm out for about 4 weeks with a broken foot. I even had to cancel Roll the Bones this time around...that's always a really good event. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to Possum Trot this year. Or Ghost's rally. Or both!
The views and opinions expressed in any of my posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this forum or anyone associated with it. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sometimes.
----------------------------------
IBA #57800
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (1,467 - ?)
2006 Yamaha TTR250
2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 - 28'855 miles
Spotwalla -- InstaCharrito

Last edited by charrito; 10-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.
charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #10
tperk314

Hey guys...don't forget Chris' ADV ride next Sunday 10/22. This ride will be on the NW side of DFW. Contact Chris directly for more info.

Here is a link to his thread: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115384

If you like spending the day on your bike riding dirt roads, with a great group of guys and gals...you don't want to miss this ride. Chris always plans great rides. This one will be a little longer...close to 150 miles, but the roads are supposed to be a little easier than the past few rides, so it should be a fun day.

Usually the groups range in size from 10 to 20 riders...on bikes from 250cc up to 1200cc...so its suitable for all riders.

Robert Lee told me about another ride on the last weekend of the month...10/29. The Sooner Adventure Ride for 2017. I don't know anything about it, but it looks like it might be a good time. Robert probably has more info and can give you advice on the ride.

The website is: www.sooneradventureride.com.

If I can get the time off...I might see you up there!

Remember...get out and ride!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #11
tperk314

RIDE REMINDER********

Chris' ADV ride this Sunday. Contact him directly for more info:

North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017 (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115384)
Old 10-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #12
tperk314

Forgot to mention the November thread is up & running:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115741

see you there!