• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas adv ride

Any issues on the K trail? Last I read they closed it down and were ticketing people for riding it. Might just be the section closer to Clayton. I guess that section is actually the Clayton Trail. Rode that few years ago and it was a beast on big bikes.
Definitely not closed. Definitely rough and difficult if on a big bike. Would be great on a little bike with good suspension.

Any issues on the K trail? Last I read they closed it down and were ticketing people for riding it. Might just be the section closer to Clayton. I guess that section is actually the Clayton Trail. Rode that few years ago and it was a beast on big bikes.

There are 2 entrances to the K-Trail from Clayton. Where the K-trail ties into
271 south of Clayton from my understanding is private road and closed to the public. I've never been that way so just my opinion.

If you take 9 mile road off of 271 it will take you to the Clayton Trail which ties into the K-Trail and is open all the way to Mena, or was in July. Great ride and highly entertaining.

Good to know. Last time I rode it was about two years ago 2 up with my wife on my 990. We got caught in a crazy rain and lightning storms up by the fire tower. A couple of years before that I had it out with some guy that claim to own the road at the section right outside of Clayton. I told him you may on the Land next to the road but you don’t own the road. Talk to a sheriff up there several years ago and he said several people will claim to own stuff to keep people out but it’s all public roads.

Other than flats and lots of oh s*** moments, it was fine where we were.

There was a sign at the beginning of it that said something. Didn't seem like a keep out sign though.

I HAD A BLAST!!!!:clap: WOULD I DO IT AGAIN ON THE H.A.T. ......:trust: YES! BUT I WOULD LIKE TO DO IT ON MY KTM 350!:rider:

There's been a lot of chatter about the K-Trail on big bikes and it was challenging and gnarly, but other than the newbie nobody in our group went down or needed any help getting through it - other than changing a flat. I'd do it again in a second.

I've got a lot of respect for Jarrett tackling it. I had no idea until we were near the end that he was a rookie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd go back asap!:rider:
There's been a lot of chatter about the K-Trail on big bikes and it was challenging and gnarly, but other than the newbie nobody in our group went down or needed any help getting through it - other than changing a flat. I'd do it again in a second.

I've got a lot of respect for Jarrett tackling it. I had no idea until we were near the end that he was a rookie.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And on a personal note, thanks to JFink for letting me ride his 500EXC, I had WAY MORE FUN than I would have on the 800 GS. Joe, you're a hero to me! I loved the bike, it ran perfect other than the unfortunate flat! And luckily it never fell over, thank goodness! The bike and I chased that darn Tenere all day!! I think Glenn, Terry and I did 60 miles Friday, the group Saturday was right at 200+, and Glenn and I did close to 100 Sunday. I didn't leave the campground to 2 or so. Got home at 11pm~

Hopefully we do it again!!

No thanks is necessary Rob. It needed someone to show it how who was boss. And thanks for replacing the air filter, I need to do a better job keeping up with that.

Sorry I missed this ride, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was in Colorado/Utah chasing K1600's on twisty roads. Terry would have really enjoyed this.

[ame="https://youtu.be/k7qu9SoUcKI"]La Sal Loop Utah[/ame]

Maybe next time I can be there.

Just to avoid confusion, the part you didn't do is the hardest part. Not at all saying you couldn't- James has done it 3 or so times, so it cant be that hard.

Yes, we weren't close to Clayton at all. We picked up the trail at 259/Three Sticks heading east. I've heard the Clayton portion was by far the hardest. Listening to everybody now I'm thinking about taking back my apology for including that section. :rofl:

No thanks is necessary Rob. It needed someone to show it how who was boss. And thanks for replacing the air filter, I need to do a better job keeping up with that.

Sorry I missed this ride, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I was in Colorado/Utah chasing K1600's on twisty roads. Terry would have really enjoyed this.

La Sal Loop Utah

Maybe next time I can be there.
Awesome

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for sharing the photos and stories. Looks like a blast!

Back