• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need a front fork spring compressor under $100

Reaction score
I have a leaking front fork, and need a fork spring compressor. Can anyone recommend one that is under $100?

What kind of bike do you have? I have done dozens of fork jobs on traditional telescoping forks and never needed a spring compressor. With the tougher ones I did need a second set of hands for s moment or two but that was about it.

Hmmm, it looks like it would do the job from the photos. I'm just stumped as to why it would be giving you such fits especially that you have an adventure touring bike. They typically run a little soft of springs from the factory.

I use a speeder

Picture001.jpg

I have a loaner spring compressor. I can hook you up. Just make a donation to TWT send it back intact and I will even pop for the shipping to you.

Go here and check out the home made tools at the end, traxxion dynamics sells what you need for less than $100.00.

FSCK_1.jpg

That is what I would loan you, sells for $49.95. Tools are always a good investment.

Here is my Traxxion tool at work on a TLR fork

PC200008.jpg

I have the Race Tech one, as well.

P3030001.jpg

Here is mine holding a TLR fork

PB230009.jpg

Back