• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Rode the bike; got a few raindrops. Tim and I had some yummy good Cajun shrimp & taters, and great conversation.

Looking forward to another get together...maybe a German food place?

Sorry I missed the fun.
My rain gauge says I got a smidge under 2" of rain.

Wow. When I headed out at 6:15, there were still thunderboomers & lightning flashes, which is why I chose to take the car. But I realized I was driving toward a clearing sky. When Larry & I left the restaurant at about 8pm, it was a perfect 76* night. I drove home with the windows & moon roof open, wishing I'd been on the bike.

South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I’m back on two again. Would be great to meet up with y’all again soon. I have a crazy craving for a unique burger joint that I’ve seen on a few Facebook feeds. It’s called Fuego Burger. Location is. 5595 E Fm 1187. It’s across the street (I think) from Jambo’s BBQ. Open to timing or any other suggestions.
ec31ef2ae20cf4cd529becba0af9988d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fuego Burger is indeed a unique experience. It's a hole in the wall right here in beautiful downtown Rendon, but the Fuego Burger (the only thing I've had there) is great. Particularly if you like a little spice in your life.

That place is owned by the folks that used to own an AWESOME Mexican food joint up in Fort Worth but they moved into a building a little too large too fast and it didn't work out. But the food was top notch at the old place so I am sure that this one is every bit as good.

Sounds interesting. There are lots of little eateries along 1187 that I haven't explored. Set it up, Mark, and they shall come.

How about this Saturday for lunch? Say 1:00 rather than fighting a noon lunch rush?
If not this Saturday maybe a week from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could probably do this week, although it'll mean missing the Red River Shootout; I can live with that. Next Saturday is the Arlington Guitar Show; that's sacred. :zen:

I couldn’t do the scooter, but I could be down for a 1:00’ish meet up. I have a wedding to get to by 4pm down at a gun range near Maypearl.

Busy Bee would work for me. Been there many times. That's all that's left in Maypearl since Mo's is no longer there.

Will depend on work schedule.

If I can sneak away by about 11:30, I should be able to make it.

Busy Bee would work for me. Been there many times. That's all that's left in Maypearl since Mo's is no longer there.

There is also a burrito place down in Maypearl. But I am still game for the burger place as well. I've been meaning to try it.

Okay. Looks like we have a few. My procrastination got the best of me though. Let’s plan on Next Saturday at 1pm at Fuego Burger if that works for everyone.

Okay, so I'm not really sure what we are doing or what weekend it is happening. I'm am good for tomorrow (10-14) at either place.

I'm heading out for the day. Off to work on pistol and rifle for a bit, and then grab lunch somewhere, then off to a wedding. If I remember, I'll check back on this thread to see if this is happening or not.

Okay. My apologies for odd communication. We are heading out to ride in a few. I think we’re gonna go try out Fuego today at 1. And I’d also like to meet up there next weekend. Anyone is of course welcome to join us.

I understood ...

Next weekend is not this weekend. This weekend is this weekend.
Of course next weekend will become this weekend, but not until this weekend is last weekend.

Back