• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Currently looks good for me to be there on the Strom. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

June 3 Ride: I might join part of the ride if you can pass along a meeting point & time-frame in Johnson City?

I may be able to join when you get to Middle Creek. ETA? Don't know for sure so don't wait on me. Busy Saturday.

June 3 Ride: I might join part of the ride if you can pass along a meeting point & time-frame in Johnson City?

I may be able to join when you get to Middle Creek. ETA? Don't know for sure so don't wait on me. Busy Saturday.

Hi Fred and Kman, according to Garmin, if we leave the start on time, 9AM, we will be in Johnson City about 10 and Hit Middle Creek and 290 about 30 minutes later. SpiritAtBay plans to join us in JC, so we will probably take a short break there, make it Middle Creek and 290 at 10:45. We will swing North in JC and meet SAB at the Stripes gas station on 281 on the North end of town.

JT

Last edited:
This looks like a Wee bit o' fun.

JT and I are thinking to camp fri night at Ben McCulloch (again). Maybe sat night too.

It prolly doesn't matter to anyone--but just in case--I'm not going to be able to make it to camp tonight. So we have nixed the camping altogether.

JT will be at the start of the ride and I will join in at Johnson City.

**i see JT has posted up. So, yeah, what he said; Stripes by 10!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning. From Stripes maybe we can take 10 mins to run to the property, you will love the new barn and the new camping areas :) Oh and a tree house !

Well, had a last minute change of plans last night. Woke up this morning to thunder and this radar map.
I will get behind it and ride toward Austin, but I may be a few minutes late. :-(
I'll send updates as possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 6.18.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 6.18.07 AM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 280
Well, had a last minute change of plans last night. Woke up this morning to thunder and this radar map.
I will get behind it and ride toward Austin, but I may be a few minutes late. :-(
I'll send updates as possible.

I'm in Elm Creek, do you want to meet up this morning

SAB, are you not going on this ride with JT and us? I have a feeling this is going to dissipate before it gets to Austin.

I'm still hopeful. I figure JT will get to the meet point by 9:00.

For me to be at Stripes by 10:00, I'll leave KV by 9. So that's my decision time.

The rain does seem to be dissipating as it reaches Austin .... although there seems to be another large cell still in Mexico...

The Wee is dressed and ready to go--and she has good rain tires on, so...

Last edited:
I'm leaving the house now. If it cancels call me 5127405515

Great ride this morning, it was good to see everybody, and we couldn't have asked for nicer weather.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rest and refuel in Johnson City, and checking out Mike's place outside Dripping Springs.
5406e3e6a770d7b8cfbd1e2ed8211ddc.jpg
e3212d485a8530d6d8a39acfd693fe3b.jpg

Hey we are just now finishing lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to thank the Central Texas Africa Twin Owners Association for letting me join them today :)

It was a good day. It's been almost 2 yrs since my last group ride. Had a blast. I'll have to wait till I get home to post my pics

Back