• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WR250R Thread

So after months of deliberation I ordered and installed a Safari tank for one of my WR250Rs. Given my planned trip next summer to do the COBDR, the 3 gallon IMS seemed just a tad too small and the 4.7 gal IMS seemed just a tad too big. I installed it about a week ago and all seems to be going well. I don't understand why it cost 2x what IMS charges. If it continues to work ok, I will order another one for the other bike, if not I will get one of the IMS tanks. By the way, I was not able to get it in blue, they only offer white and translucent - I got a white one.

JC,

Like goldilocks, this one's too small, this one's too big, this one's juuust right, except for the price. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet

Sparky's Tool Tube

Sparky got a Tool Tube.

c3db779e803eb9dd51008532efa4916f.jpg

See Sparky signature link for details.

Last edited:
Nice. I've looked at putting mine there, but couldn't see how to mount it there. The lower bushing, is that on the passenger footpeg mounting?

Nice. I've looked at putting mine there, but couldn't see how to mount it there. The lower bushing, is that on the passenger footpeg mounting?

Yes Daave; I had to find one to fit over 8mm bolt, then cut it to proper length to fit inside the plastic hole. Spacer was a large nutt & washers. The spacer helped bring the mounting point outboard a little bit so all the mounting points were aligned along the same verticle plane. I also drilled a small air/drain hole in lower bottom of tube so it won't build up pressure.

Intital placement testing felt good standing / sitting on bike. I will test ride it soon. Think I will put long stuff like tire irons, trail stand, & rim protectors in there.

I need to rember to put stock passenger footpeg bolt in my tool kit. So if I have to remove tool tube to ride someone out of trouble, I can mount it back up without all those spacers.

BTW! I'm planning a trip to MOAB -- Intrested?

BTW! I'm planning a trip to MOAB -- Intrested?

I saw the thread. Would love to go but my doc says not to do stupid stuff like fall off a motorcycle for two more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Sunday was a maintenance day for my new-to-me WR.

Tools for Seat Concepts installation:
2012-10-15%2B02.44.47.jpg

Here's the factory seat pan:
2012-10-15%2B01.47.45-1.jpg

Almost done:
2012-10-15%2B03.47.17-1.jpg

Finished:
2012-10-15%2B04.26.10.jpg

Hey!
Any chance you still have the stapler? I'm going to order the cover/foam for my seat today but don't have a stapler capable of attaching it to the pan.

Or if anyone else reading this happens to have one I can borrow/use at their place...

Didn't realize how cheap pneumatic staplers were (per my post above), so I went and bought one yesterday before installing the Seat Concepts foam/cover. Easy as pie. Took it for a test spin just before sunset.

H9dtwUMl.jpg

In the process of installing a 4.7 gallon tank right now. Just having a time finding the right hoses to connect everything to after the PO took out all the unnecessary vacuum lines/ais etc.

Back