• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Boerne, TX.

@Kickstand~Prophet
No plans for camping off the bike just yet. The Misses and I do tent “glamming”, but too much camp gear for a bike.
I’d be up for an overnighter if I added bags to the bike. Do a lot of you bike-camp?

What is "glamming" ? I used to camp off the bike, but now pretty much hotel it when riding. Camping is now a cot in the back of the van for me. I still have my bad *** tent though.

@jwalller
Awsome! I’ll be around Boerne on the weekends, so wave me down if you see me.
Where in Boerne do you work if you don’t mind me asking? Fingers crossed that it’s the Dodging Duck!

I work at the Meadowlands Charter School on Old San Antonio Road. It's the school for the Roy Maas Youth Alternatives residential treatment facility. Right across the street from the police department.

I think he means "Glamping" its camping with all the amenities and whatnot youd typically have at home. Basically high end camping without actually having to camp.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glamping

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2014_Heartland_Cyclone.jpg

Glamping defined ;-)

@Kickstand~Prophet
No plans for camping off the bike just yet. The Misses and I do tent “glamming”, but too much camp gear for a bike.
I’d be up for an overnighter if I added bags to the bike. Do a lot of you bike-camp?

Been trying this year everyone has been so busy. The heat and the rain has kept the camping to a minimum sadly. I have camped by myelf but the conversation gets kinda dull.:rofl:

He's certainly tried to find camping buddies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back