• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country Bed and Breakfast?

Reaction score
Looking to take a trip down to the Austin area in march. I have been through tons of reviews of B&B's in the Austin area and can't seem to come up with anything that I like. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking at http://rolisbb.com/blog/ as my best option, but don't know what to think based on about 30% of the reviews being negative!

So lets hear it. I know that someone here has got that great little spot near the lake that they like to go stay at.

And if you wind up staying at Springs of Cold Creek take the entrance off Hwy 71. The county road off 501 was very rocky. Even on the Vstrom I did not enjoy that ride. I'm pretty sure a few nuts and bolts managed to rattle off the bike. The county road off 71 is paved most of the way and the dirt (err...rock) part is much shorter.

Be advised you'll be staying in the front bedroom of the house. The inn keeper stays in the back of the house.

You may want to try a search for "The Inn Above Onion Creek". Located on FM150.
Never been there, but pass the entrance all the time. In talking to a customer the other day about fishing, he indicated that he and his wife had visited it and it was pretty nice.

http://www.chanticleerlogcabin.com/

How about this place? Anyone stayed there before? We are looking more for the lakeview, since it is more our 6 month wedding anniversery than a motorcycle trip. We plan to go down Friday afternoon, ride out to Fredericksburg on Saturday for lunch, then cruise till dark arriving back at the cabin. Sunday we will just lounge around and go cruise for a few hours and head back to Dallas around 4.

Bump an old thread.

Looking for suggestions for a bed and breakfast for mid March. Hill Country, Granbury, something reasonably close to Central Texas(Waco). Needs to have something for the gf to do. No riding this trip, this is "her" time....so I can go on motorcycle trips later.
Two, three, even four nights between March 8-13. My sister has been and recommends the Meyer B&B mentioned above.
Anyone else?

http://thepeachtreeinn.com/rooms.php

Not quite a full bed and breakfast but I stay here. Its reasonable.

+1, stayed here many times.

One tip if you are coming in the hotter days, try to stay in the western side. The Eastern cottages are too hot in the evening with which makes the porch unusable until the sun goes down.

The River Inn is another of our favorite places, stay here a couple times a year. Not a B&B but each unit has a full kitchen, BBQ grills outside and outdoor fireplaces for relaxing around and enjoying a cool one while listening the the Guadalupe go over the dam.

My wife and I stay at Rose Hill several times a year. It is just outside of Fredericksberg though. www.rose-hill.com.

Brad

In Granbury you need to check out:Inn on lake Granbury. One of the nicest places in Granbury or anywhere. Lots to see and do in Granbury. Close to the great square, voted nicest in Texas, great places to eat close also. Check it out.

+1, stayed here many times.

One tip if you are coming in the hotter days, try to stay in the western side. The Eastern cottages are too hot in the evening with which makes the porch unusable until the sun goes down.

The River Inn is another of our favorite places, stay here a couple times a year. Not a B&B but each unit has a full kitchen, BBQ grills outside and outdoor fireplaces for relaxing around and enjoying a cool one while listening the the Guadalupe go over the dam.

+1

pssst, Tom ... I thought we weren't going to give this one away? :-)

+1

pssst, Tom ... I thought we weren't going to give this one away? :-)

Dangit, I forgot Joe.:headbang:

BTW, new management, Ed is the only original cast member left and he is making noises about moving the desert. :giveup:

Back