• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Canyon of the Eagles camping

je2000

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
The next stage of preparing for my solo camping trip to see the Titan Missile Museum involves doing a quick overnight from Austin to Lake Buchanan at Canyon of the Eagles. I could do closer to Austin to give the camp gear a run through but I need to see the stars!

Has anyone camped there? I see they have a water pump at some camp sites.

Great place. Nice set up close to the lake. Ask for the walk in camp sites so you aren't around RV's.
Make sure you have a meal at the restaurant and go to the observatory when it gets dark.
They have a small store there but its far to the nearest gas and food supply; bring all you need with you.
Might be too warm for camping unless you get lucky. They have cabins for rent if you get in a bind.

Great place. Nice set up close to the lake. Ask for the walk in camp sites so you aren't around RV's.
Make sure you have a meal at the restaurant and go to the observatory when it gets dark.
They have a small store there but its far to the nearest gas and food supply; bring all you need with you.
Might be too warm for camping unless you get lucky. They have cabins for rent if you get in a bind.

Cool thanks! Now if there were a way to bring a 10" reflector telescope on my bike, I'd be set!

There are some there already . No need .

Back