• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**** Mother Nature

Reaction score
Katy......................... Cell# 832-72
Myself and Steve (1slo-mofo), in two separate cars got caught in this outside of Huntsville TX last night......I have never seen or been in anything like this EVER Before.....We are two grown men and were both shook-en up.....Our vehicles look like the covering of a "Titlist Golf Ball".......Glad we weren't on our cycles...
...Video below
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/hail-storm-pummels-texas/

That's an old video from Wylie Texas two years ago in April. My friend in Wylie got his daughter out of her bed just before the ceiling caved in over her bed and started pounding her bed with hail coming through the roof and ceiling. Bad stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tourmeister's house/garage got a pine tree customization in that storm. Pretty impressive storm. And sudden too, from what I hear.

Just hit parts of Huntsville as our daughter is in school up there and she had
no damage at her apartment but did have power outages and had some other friends in other areas that suffered some damage.

Well, at least you didn't end up the other side of Kansas. :uhoh:

My wife was coming to get me and got caught close to the little airport on northside. She pulled off and called me, about to freak out it was so bad. I lost a shed and some sliding at the house, seems we got lucky compared to others.

In 1980, every house in Arlington south of Pioneer Parkway lost its roof in the worst hailstorm I've ever seen - stones about the size of grapefruits hitting my patio. I was watching them explode like cannonballs all around my Honda CB400 but, fortunately, not a single one struck it. And both my cars were in the garage.

For many years afterward, if you were driving in traffic in the Metroplex, you could at any moment spot 5 to 10 cars that looked like they'd been attacked like a madman with a ball peen hammer.

For many years afterward, if you were driving in traffic in the Metroplex, you could at any moment spot 5 to 10 cars that looked like they'd been attacked like a madman with a ball peen hammer.

One of the guys in my reserve unit showed up in his little pickup truck that looked like that. Turns out he'd been right on the highway when the tornado that went through downtown Ft Worth ran right in front of him.

One of the guys in my reserve unit showed up in his little pickup truck that looked like that. Turns out he'd been right on the highway when the tornado that went through downtown Ft Worth ran right in front of him.

That was spring of 2000 a truck driver got the crazy idea to leave the relative safety of his truck and run for the shop.
Didn’t make it, one nailed him in his head and knocked him the ( censored) out.

Back