• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

12mm hex

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Anybody know where I may be able to find one locally? Need it to loosen the front axle but it's not included in the toolkit and Lowes, Home Depot, Sears Hardware and Wal-Mart only have it up to 10mm.

Got kind of annoying after visiting all these places in the wet today. Yeah, shoulda caged it.

Thanks!

Most of them are at least 17mm, unless you are referring to the pinch bolt that keeps the axle from turning.

Hex what? Six-point socket? Try Sears of any auto part store. Six-point box wrench? Probably Sears.

MexicanBandito said:
You sure it's a 12 mm??? i could sewar they are way bigger than that.

Check this out:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=2&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_TOOL

According to the posts on SV650.com, it's a 12mm. Lucky first gen SV's have a normal bolt.

Hmm, I'll have to run down there tomorrow to check it out. Thanks. Never occurred to me to try a motorcycle shop to get a tool for a motorcycle. Duh.

I picked up a 12mm standard L shaped Allen wrench from Sears and a 1/2" socket type from a local SnapOn dealer.

Carl

My Bondhus ball end set had up to a 12mm allen, handy if you can't get the wrench straight at the bolt.

sorry, the set was up to a 10mm, but I did find a 12mm at Sears, they were selling 12's as singles only hanging in a bag of their own...the Concours front axle is a 12 mm as well

Ok.... so can I borrow it? I have to change my front tire. The Sears I went to didn't have it, nor did Auto Zone, Napa, or Home Depot.

Squeaky said:
Ok.... so can I borrow it? I have to change my front tire. The Sears I went to didn't have it, nor did Auto Zone, Napa, or Home Depot.

Sure thing. PM me for my #.

hello friends
my fz1 uses a 19mm allen head. What i did was check my collection of differant size sparkplug sockets and found one that when turned around it fits the 19mm spot. used a small pipe wrench to remove and then reinstall.
Yeah yeah not to the EXACT specs on how tight but pretty close.
am going to use the same socket and weld in an extension so i can use my tork(sp) wrench next time.
have heard that alot of bike tool kits, that the bike sparkplug wrench, which is supplied, when reversed is the same size needed for the front wheel.
later

Back