• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

6 circuit fuse panel project

Reaction score
Several of you in the Dallas area have seen this, and from the positive response I thought I'd share more details and pics...

http://www.motolobo.com/gallery/fusepanel shows the addition of a seperate, stand-alone, 6-circuit fuse panel to my R1100S. All nice and tidy, looks stock and hidden. Very clean results...

It's fused at the battery, plus each of the circuits has it's own fuse. I used 10ga wire from the battery to the terminals and ran 3 pairs of +/- inside 3/8" split loom to just behind the fairing. These first 3 circuits will run XM, GPS, and radar. The next 3 will power communications (Autocom maybe) and an aux power port.

Took a few hours to install, but well worth the peace of mind. Added bonus that the whole system can be removed easily and no cuts were made into the stock harness. 8-)

I'm considering adding a relay to cut power to the panel when the key is removed, and/or a master power switch that kills everything. It's just not good to keep and LEO waiting as you turn off each device. Don't ask me how I know... :-?

Good job! :dude: That would be handy for a lot of applications... including replacing the less-than-competent stock two-fuse system on my Ducati. I've already revised mine from two to five fuses, but did a much less tidy job. I'll remember this for next time!

I used the same BlueSea block on my ST ... will add a second block to the front of the bike this winter. I did add a relay so that the entire block is powered down when the bike is shut down. The only down side is my heated gear isn't powered while I'm waiting for the nice officer to complete my ticket. :)

Very nice photo's. That's the same Fuse Block that I just bought but have yet to install. I'm still acquiring "goodies" to run to it and I want to install everything at one time. The fuse block and the Quartet harness should get my ST1300 "electrified". Rocket Cowboy gave me an idea to install a second fuse block at the front of the bike to power accessories at that end of the bike. I don't know much about using "relays" to turn power on and off to the fuse blocks but I'm researching that now. I'm still strategizing what devices I want/need to be "switched" vs. "non-switched".

Jeff ... it was good meeting you at the Texas Two Step last weekend. If you need anyone to help with any electronics work, or even just bring beer and watch the work, just let me know. ;)

Thanks Charlie. I suck with names so don't be surprised if I "meet" your 3-4 times before it sticks.... :-?

Next project will be a switched relay to power the fuse block on/off with the key. I'm also considering an LCD voltmeter somewhere as I don't want to overload the stock 600w (maybe 700w, not sure but one of the two) as powering XM, radar, heated grips, and a vest seemed to tax Emma to the point of flashing the ABS warning lights and lighting the battery idiot light when under 3k rpm's or so. Still need to add a GPS and want to be able to prioritize where my 12v goes and how much I have available. Then there's the Widder vest the wife wants...

Hmmmm. Might just need to buy a bigger alternator. Maybe one pre-attached to a 'Wing... :roll:

More than happy to help, and I'll be adding a voltmeter (for the same reasons) here soon too. ;)

Back