• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

gass filling air box??

Reaction score
ok so I am working on the quad, I decide I needed to get it running, So pulled the carb off and cleaned it out put a new plug in and working on the brakes,

But now the air box is filling with a gas oil mix, I am not sure where it’s coming from where do I need to start looking? (yes I know the tank) do I need to pull the carb off and clean it one more time or is there just an adjustment that I need to turn back?

It will start first try, and idle, and run until I get on it and it bogs down and dies..

The float either is stuck or has a hole in it or the float valve is either damaged or has crud on it or the seat keeping it from sealing. I also saw someone put the fuel line on a vent line fitting by mistake too which would do the same as you have said your is doing.

its not a vent line .. they are 1/8 inch and the fuel line is 1/4. I know about the float valve, i just didnt want to pull it apart joy joy joy.. oh well something to do next weekend.

its not a vent line .. they are 1/8 inch and the fuel line is 1/4. I know about the float valve, i just didnt want to pull it apart joy joy joy.. oh well something to do next weekend.

That was more of a "you had to be there" kind of thing. I saw someone rebuild a carb 4 or 5 times and each time gas would run all over the floor when the gas was turned on. I finally went over to have a look and saw that he had been plugging the fuel line onto a vent. Yes looks like on needs to come back off and while it is off make sure the float level is not too high as well.

PS sometimes if you tap on the float bown with a screw driver handle you can get the float unstuck if that is the problem or even get what ever is stuck to come loose but it is a long shot at best.

oh it will not be hard to do the bike is still not back together might take me 30 mins to get to and off.

but i am going tap the **** out of it with something to see if that help..

oh it will not be hard to do the bike is still not back together might take me 30 mins to get to and off.

but i am going tap the **** out of it with something to see if that help..

Not anything steel or too hard since you can crack and break stuff if you do it too hard.

some engines have a crank case breather hose that goes to the air box that will cause this kind of material.... it's more common during high humidity and/or cool riding conditions. Might not be your issue, just throwing it out there in case anyone trips on this during a search. :)

Back