• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Well im new and i already have a question

beckre

Reaction score
i have a 77 gs400 suzuki and i bought some used rims from a 1980 suzuki gs250 not even thinking about fitment, so my question is whats the chance of these things working on the 400?? i tried to do some looking around on the web and really couldnt figure out a deff answer anyone know if im going to get lucky and they will fit?

Also this site is great lots of info:

Welcome to the forum!

Don't know the answer to your question for sure, but there were lots of generic bikes in that era that used very similar components, so I expect it will be a direct bolt up or very close to it. If you don't have all the spacers and speedo drive, you will need to get them somewhere as well, but I expect they are the same on a 250 and a 400 from that time period.

Wayne

Wayne

the front rim is the same size but the front hub is not, if the 400 is a "X" model it has a drum brake, the 250 is disc, the plane 400 is disc but it is not compatible, the disc are different.

on the rear the 400 uses a 18X3.50 rim while the 250 uses a 17X3.50 rim, not normally a problem except the hub is different and the brake shoes are different.

if you can also get the rear brake backing plate and spacers you can use the 250 wheel. some spacer modification is likely.

on the front you might get away with a straight bolt up if both are disc brake, you will just have to carefully test fit and make sure everything lines up correctly.

i have a 77 gs400 suzuki and i bought some used rims from a 1980 suzuki gs250 not even thinking about fitment, so my question is whats the chance of these things working on the 400?? i tried to do some looking around on the web and really couldnt figure out a deff answer anyone know if im going to get lucky and they will fit?

Also this site is great lots of info:

You should be able to tell with a visual inspection and some measuring.

First, make sure they use the same number of spokes. Next,starting at the valve stem, visually check that the spoke nipple holes go in the same direction and group the same.

If the above check out and the rim width and diameter is the same you should be good to go. If you need spokes check these guys out www.buchananspokes.net.

O'yeah, Welcome :welcome:

Like Texas T said - Don't have an answer to your question, but :welcome: to TWT!!

Back