• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: 2012 Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000...

Reaction score
GONE - Not for sale, traded in for a new Red Africa Twin.

I'm selling my 2012 V-Strom cause I got too many bike, so the new price is $5200 OBO, and I'll make a donation to TWT if it sells here.

It has less than 12K miles and is in near perfect shape. It's never been down. It does have a few very light scratches on the left saddle bag top where my foot didn't clear it getting off the bike.

What it has for extras:
Centerstand
LED Driving Lights
CCS 100 Cruise Control (Electronic)
Also Kaoko Throttle Lock (installed by PO and still on the bike)
Altrider Crash Bars
Altrider Skid Plate
Custom (homemade) Highway Pegs
ECM Upgraded by dealer for performance issues
Rectifier Recall - Replace by dealer
Clutch Basket Rebuilt by WERKS

The tires are Heidenau K60s, front tire is in very good condition and I ordered a new rear tire yesterday.

This bike is in great shape and ready for a cross country trip or gravel roads just to see what's down there.

I'm asking $5200.00 OBO. PM if interested or call 936-239-0438 and leave a message, I'll call you back.

I have a clear Texas title. The bike is located in Coldspring.

Pictures are below, and if interested I'll email or PM more on request.

Later, Bud...

Last edited:
Hi Bud, the security token message just means that your window or tab had been open too long. Reload the page before trying to reply or quote.

Will pictures instead of links to pictures create more interest?
DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0282.jpg

Later, Bud...

I'm considering taking off some of the accessories and selling them separately. Then maybe lower the price again.

Later, Bud...

If anyone is looking for a top notch '12 DL1000 Adventure model then this one is a steal!
My bike fund fell out but I wanted to meet Lorider Bud while we were in the same neck of the woods. The bike was in very good condition, perfectly set up and ready to ride anywhere. The owner of the bike is the icing on the cake. A good, honest motorcycle enthusiast that maintains his bikes impeccably.
Thank you Bud for meeting up with me and looking forward to seeing you at Big Bend sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks much for your endorsement. The bike now has 12,800 miles and ran perfect coming home from Wylie. Wish things would have worked out for you, but family always comes first; I understand. See you in Big Bend.

Later, Bud...

Are you still interested in selling off some of the parts separately? If so I am interested in the engine guard and skid plate.

Thank you for your time,

Tryg

Gone - traded-in on new Africa Twin. So, now to sell some of the accessories I took off before trading it.
Later, Bud...

Gone - traded-in on new Africa Twin. So, now to sell some of the accessories I took off before trading it.
Later, Bud...

I have to scratch the itch... Just curious what they offered you for trade in??

Back