• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend State Park Ride

Reaction score
Post ride notes. First time visitor to the State Park and found it very well maintained with trails well marked. What a great place to ride on both difficult and easy trails. One was particularly challenging- Las Burras. I only wish they would rate the trail system in some manner. Beware of the 25 mph speed limit on the main road. My brother received a ticket from one of the Rangers. We unexpectedly hooked up with another rider who was staying at the Saucedo Ranger Station. Roger- great guy. Here are a few photos from the day.

Attachments

• IMG-0149.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG-0153.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG-0152.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 246
It's a great place!

Just to be clear though, there are no off-road trails in the park for motorcycles, unless they have just recently added some. ALL bikes have to be street legal and are only to be ridden on the park roads, which are ALL posted at 25 mph. That said, some of the roads are barely more than two track trails and can be quite challenging.

My favorite was the Fresno Canyon Rd., an out and back road that follows an old dry river/creek bed. It has some seriously deep loose gravel and is a real hoot.

When we rode there, the current ranger actually had a big map of the park and he had the roads highlighted with red, yellow, and green, to indicate difficulty. Unfortunately, that ranger no longer works there.

Last edited:
Im not sure how much it was but Im sure not less than $100. Its an exercise in restraint to go a slow 25 mph on these beautiful graded roads! But I get it. Its for our safety.

I see my photos are inserted in a way that you cant see them automatically. Is there a way I can change that so they are visible when you open the thread? Newbie here....

My ticket for 10 over in a national park was $240. Hope you fare better.

I'm not sure how much it was but I'm sure not less than $100. Its an exercise in restraint to go a slow 25 mph on these beautiful graded roads! But I get it. Its for our safety.

I see my photos are inserted in a way that you cant see them automatically. Is there a way I can change that so they are visible when you open the thread? Newbie here....

They are attached as PDF files, which is not an image format. This means they have to be viewed with a PDF viewer. If you want them to display in your post as actual images, then they need to be actual image files, ending with something like .jpg, .gif, etc,... If you upload them as attachments, they need to be no larger than 640 X 480 and around 194 KB. Otherwise, you need to have them uploaded somewhere else so that you can link to them and embed them in your posts using the IMG tags (the link goes between the tags).

Last edited:
So there are no trails there you can ride over 25mph? Can you bring a small camper and camp anywhere or do you have to camp at a designated site? I was thinking of taking a trip next month.

The main park road is posted 25 mph and is the one you should watch your speed on. The 4x4 trails can be really remote and difficult so you if you could go faster, your likely not going to get nabbed.

As far as camper hook ups, you'll just need to check the BBSP website. All the campsites we ran across were literally just designated camp clearing spots to pitch a tent. I didnt see any water or elec. hook ups. Maybe there are some at the Saucedo Ranger Station.

Let us know how the trip goes!

Back