• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gopro HERO 3

I set mine up low. Dim lighting plus lights in the view meant the older HD didn't do so well, but at least it captured the important parts. Where's yours poser?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugf515qx4SU"]Giftcam 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Cool :thumb: we hit the road and went down to my folks house. I'll get it pulled and loaded this afternoon.

My only advice on taking pictures while on the go is to check the lens at every stop for bugs. Last summer, I failed to do this and really had some terrible shots. But, I was using my Canon G12 which closed it's lens protector when you turn it off.
IMG_0966-1_1280_x_1024.jpg

And this was after cleaning up the photo as much as I could after the fact. Sigh. Probably about 30 pictures with this bug stuff in them.
You just bet I check the lens one heck of a lot more often now. LOL!

GoPro went and pointed the ShrinkRay at the Black and Silver editions.
Calling them the GoPro HD Hero 3+.
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

The usual amount of percentages thrown around claiming it's even more amazing in every way.
What interests me most is the smaller size. Every little bit helps there.

GoPro went and pointed the ShrinkRay at the Black and Silver editions.
Calling them the GoPro HD Hero 3+.
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

The usual amount of percentages thrown around claiming it's even more amazing in every way.
What interests me most is the smaller size. Every little bit helps there.

I saw that, and thought "great, now I gotta sell mine and upgrade" :rofl:

I saw that, and thought "great, now I gotta sell mine and upgrade" :rofl:
I'm sticking to my "I'll just wait for the next model while I save more money" model.
Translation: I'm still holding onto my HD Hero and drooling over the new ones.

I'm going to wait and see if gopro does the coupon at supercross

Ok, I made a mistake. I "assumed" this camera was smaller, it is not, it has a smaller housing. You CAN use all your Hero3 Bacpacs on it.

I do want the Hero3+, I really used the heck out of my Hero and I love my H3. I will wait and get it on sale like I did for the H3. Imagine what the Hero 7 or 8 will be like!

Last edited:
Got the black edition but the battery life even with the back pack still sucks when riding the bike. The android remote app works great but again uses battery life on the phone and GP. You get slightly delayed video or pics on your screen, very nice for adjusting the view your looking for. Gotta use a high speed data micro sd card. I wanted it more for the intermittent shot function to record the ride and show my wife after editing and presenting a short compressed video. I've got a dual usb charger hooked into my bikes outlet but had problems with wind flapping the connections loose. So now I'm getting a dual weather proof(resistant) panel mount usb charger. Post more after I get that hardwired in along side the garmin 60csx as it doesn't draw anything when turned off I'll use a weatherproof switch to disable it when not needed but there are times I want to charge the phone when parked. Oh and if you're looking to grab one, do what I did, ask for gift cards to your favorite retailer for the holidays and such to offset the high price.
Frank

Back