• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmet Help!!!!

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's the story:

My neighbor's kid is 9 years old and she is in love w/motorcycles. Every time I drive up she's there, asking questions,etc. She begged and pleaded for a ride and after talking with Mom&Dad I told her I would take her if she got a helmet. Now I've got to pony-up.

Does anyone know anywhere remotely close to the BCS area that would have a selection of helmets where I might find one to fit her and not break the bank?

I can't see paying a couple hundred bucks on something that (a) she is going to outgrow very quickly or (b) something she may never use again after I scare the crap out of her.

10-95,

Thought about E-Bay? Never know what you might find but I have been amazed at some of the good stuff you can find.

Not sure if they are open yet in Austin, but Cycle Gear has very reasonable prices on helmets and should have something to fit a 9 year old. According the thier website, the new location and phone number will be:

9070 Research Blvd,
Space 202
(512)-302-0700

txcpl said:
Not sure if they are open yet in Austin, but Cycle Gear has very reasonable prices on helmets and should have something to fit a 9 year old. According the thier website, the new location and phone number will be:

9070 Research Blvd,
Space 202
(512)-302-0700

They are now open and are very hepful. They have an entire wall full of helmets. Dont recall and kid helmets, though I wasn't really looking.

BTW, they are charging $22 to mount tires brought in. Just thought you might want to know.

helmet

Howdy,

I was just at that Cycle Gear a few weekends back. They have a nice selection of helmets. Some of the new KBC's have swappable pads in them to custom fit them. Perhaps you could start with the thick pads and as she grows get the thinner pads. The top of the line KBC is only $225 or so I think. Try www.helmetharbor.com for good prices.

Not sure if this pertains to anyone that reads this board, but FYI Cycle Gear will give you 10% off anything in stock if you are a member of the National Guard, Reserves, or active duty military. Just show them your ID card and they put you into their system and everytime you buy they will take the 10% off.

Cheers,
Pete

Also, cycle gear has youth size dirtbikes helmets for kids. I believe all are DOT rated and the oneal ones are even snell.

Back