• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New (to me) KLR

Good luck on tracking down that knock! I have a bunch of piston slap at 25K miles on the bike and it will knock if I run regular in it so I use the mid octane and it's pretty happy. I think my KLR is uglier than yours! Especially once I get the mermite cans mounted :-)

1030210360_FSWXV-L.jpg
It got all skeert and rolled over and played dead on me :-)

I use one in my bike, and I still haven't seen the piece of doo-hickey spring that has been floating around somewhere in there for the last 25,000 miles.

Same here Rich, Did the doo at 2200 miles, end of spring was missing and 70,000 miles later it's still missing.

My dad got his first KLR, an 08, a week and a half ago.

He called me last Friday asking how hard the lowering links were to install and I spent 10 minutes trying to convince him to lube the swingarm while he's down there but I don't think he wanted to take on a job like that this early.

I doubt mine will see too much dirt, I have plenty bikes for that. I just prefer the feel and riding position of a dirt bike.

Hey Bill - any updates?

Well, nothing of interest. I buttoned everything back up, fired it up and it runs like a champ. I've since put about 500 miles on it of various highway and backroads and it hasn't skipped a beat. So at this point I'm going to just keep riding it until it breaks and hope I can get Rachel to come get me with the trailer.

Back