• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

G'day

Reaction score
G'day from a new member.

I was born in New Zealand where I first rode motorbikes about 50 years ago, but have spent the last 39 years in the USA. I'm now located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country NW of Austin with great rides outside my door.

My new bike is a 2017 Honda CRF250L, but my pride and joy is a 1935 Velocette MAC. That's a British bike that my Dad purchased in New Zealand around 1940. He fully restored the bike around 1990, and I inherited it a couple of years ago and shipped it to Texas. It's not running right now, it needs a little more restoration, but that is one of my retirement hobbies.

In the meantime, I'm relearning how to ride on the roads around here and the dirt track in my backyard.

Here's a couple of pictures:

DSC_1881.jpg

IMG_20180512_small.jpg

Welcome, what a beautiful Velocette (redundant I know). I wanted to see a picture of the dirt track in your yard too.

Howdy. It must be really special to have a bike with that heritage. look forward to seeing you on the road.

Back