• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Someone punched my ignition!!

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Sooooo about 2 weeks ago, someone attempted to steal my bike. My ignition was jimmied, and the keyhole stripped. I can't even unlock my bars. I ride an 07' SV650S. Does anyone know where I can get cheap parts? I need an ignition, gas tank lock, and underseat lock. I'm don't have the ability to fix it myself either, so does anyone know a good shop to go to, and/or a cheap towing company? ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED, because right now, I'm looking at about $600 total for this. I wish they would've just stolen it so i could've paid my $500 deductible and been done with it....ughhh...makes me sick to my stomach.

Recently I've been having some pretty good luck with Arlington Motorsports. Their service department has been treating me very well.

Sorry to hear about your bike. That's never a good feeling.

Sorry to hear about your bike but glad they didn't get it! Maybe you can also put a rotor lock with curly cord to handlebars as a way of saying don't be so stupid to punch ignition, the rotor's locked! Good luck. And lojack??

I have a truck...if you get the parts I can help you with the swap. If you dont mind kicking down for gas & following me to Mesquite with the bike in the back.

I will check with one of my dealers for a ignition switch for you.

Wow, thanks so much everyone! I will check out all the sites you've provided me with here. I really do appreciate it. Pm sent Fixer.

What everyone else said for obtaining parts.

FYI, went to a very brief class on auto theft and some thieves are running around w/ "ponytails". Some doodad where once they punch ignition, they hook exposed wires up, flip a toggle switch and off they go. :eek2:

Of course some thieves go around w/ 2 buddies and just throw it in the bed of a truck too.

Sorry, sounds like your thief was a moron too.

Cheap out, just swap the ignition, use two sets of keys. Sounds like the ignition needs to drilled out to release the fork locks.

What everyone else said for obtaining parts.

FYI, went to a very brief class on auto theft and some thieves are running around w/ "ponytails". Some doodad where once they punch ignition, they hook exposed wires up, flip a toggle switch and off they go. :eek2:

Of course some thieves go around w/ 2 buddies and just throw it in the bed of a truck too.

Sorry, sounds like your thief was a moron too.

Seen something similar. watched a kid pull the seat off a beat up Aprilia and it basically looked like he took a screwdriver across the battery terminals and the bike cranked up. Everyone thought stolen bike, but he hauled it before anyone really noticed anything.

best I've seen was @ a bike night couple years ago back in Cali.

This guy walks up to a bike (he didnt ride this bike to the spot that night)..takes a key out of his pocket & starts the bike. Takes out his cell phone & calls the cops.

Someone rode his STOLEN bike to bike night!!!!

needless to say when I flew back home to visit I took my spare key for my bike that was stolen, just in case.

No more unsecured parking for my bikes....

hahah, great stories everyone!!! Yup, my thief was an epic failure. I sure hope he figures out how to get the job done if he ever wants to be successful in his chosen trade. I just try to tell myself that maybe he just needed to feed his family, though the reality is that he probably just wanted to buy drugs and booze. We'll never know I suppose. But if he comes back, I'm gonna whoop his ***!!!

Back