• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: 2nd Annual DFW Smiles for Life Ride - 9/12

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
The ride raised 15K last year out of a total of 27K given to 2 Kids Charities.
Considering last year was the 1st annual, that was pretty good. This year will be better organized at the poker stops and the ride will be longer. A SRV Tribute band will be playing at the final stop for food, fun, and drink.

Please consider registering for the event to ride (the roads leading up to the marina last year weren't too shabby). Unlike other things, this really IS for the kids. :mrgreen: Dr. Parker is a funny guy who is a dentist and rider so if you need a dentist in DFW......

http://www.dfwsmiles.com/dfw-smiles-for-life-ride

Just got back from the volunteer meeting. Shaping up to be a fun event. Yours truly will be directing riders at DFW Honda and then taking pics. Final Stop is at American Eagle HD in Corinth. Free food, Band, 50/50 Drawing, Raffle tickets with some cool gifts, and a silent auction where I know we have some excellent gifts to purchase including Cowboy tickets.

My understanding is a charity ride for our vets is also ending there as well so bring your wallet and give to two great causes. Weather should be better than last year too.

Oh, did I mention LEO and Fire guys ride free? Well they do.

I'll post a map up tomorrow.

Just got back from the volunteer meeting. Shaping up to be a fun event. Yours truly will be directing riders at DFW Honda and then taking pics. Final Stop is at American Eagle HD in Corinth. Free food, Band, 50/50 Drawing, Raffle tickets with some cool gifts, and a silent auction where I know we have some excellent gifts to purchase including Cowboy tickets.

My understanding is a charity ride for our vets is also ending there as well so bring your wallet and give to two great causes. Weather should be better than last year too.

Oh, did I mention LEO and Fire guys ride free? Well they do.

I'll post a map up tomorrow.

It's a shame that Maverick H-D is having their "Back the Blue" ride and that American Eagle is having their "Rock the Boots" ride on the same day... I'm choosing Dr. P over either of those, though. ;)

Just got back from the volunteer meeting. Shaping up to be a fun event. Yours truly will be directing riders at DFW Honda and then taking pics. Final Stop is at American Eagle HD in Corinth.

On a Saturday? The parking lot at AE Harley will be mobbed by people with "Ride to Live, Live to Ride" patches who ride three miles to the dealership every week, sit all day then ride three miles home.

Last edited:
Never been to AE HD but hear it is busy. Add the other charity ride with ours and yep it's gonna be packed. Our Q cooker has 10 pork butts for you. Look for the Orange shirts. Wade thru the Pirates to listen to Texas Flood, buy raffle tickets or bid in the silent auction.
If you wanna ride more than 3 miles, I suggest you show up at DFW Honda at 8:30. KSU at 9:15 for a 100mile ride that takes you to Denton, Around the ****, and Celina to the final stop in Corinth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Cheez for coming out and supporting the ride.. According to Dr. P, this year should be better than last as far as money raised. We scored with the raffle. We won 4 things off 12 tickets.

Thanks Cheez for coming out and supporting the ride.. According to Dr. P, this year should be better than last as far as money raised. We scored with the raffle. We won 4 things off 12 tickets.

Good to see you bud. Congrats on being lucky with the raffle- I was also, winning once.

Back