• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ST1100 ride review

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
I acquired in a trade an ST1100 from RollingJ a few months back as I wanted a sport touring bike. Rode it a few times to the office and a quick ride local a few evenings but no real rides.

Today I took it on a nice little trip. I had to be in Roanoke for a meeting tomorrow and so I decided bike trip.

Ran out to Boerne first to meet a new customer then up through Fredericksburg and Llano and up through Stephenville then around FtWorth and up to Roanoke for the evening.

I must say I was impressed, fast smooth and comfortable. It cruised at 75-95
all day on 16 with out complaint and would have been happy at 95-115 if I had felt like my wallet and ins could have taken the hit if caught.

It had bar risers on when I got it and they put me too upright and there was some buffeting, pulled them off before the trip and man what a difference slight tilt forward now and just out of the wind blast perfect riding positon.

I think I will get some miles and smiles from this bike.
Was a bit warm today as it stayed in the 100 degree mark from the time I left Boerne until I hit Ft Worth but my Olympia vented suit worked well all day and the one time I stopped to answer a batch of emails the old trick of putting your helmet in the ice machine in front of the store made for a cool ride for a few miles when I started back up

I acquired in a trade an ST1100 from RollingJ a few months back as I wanted a sport touring bike. Rode it a few times to the office and a quick ride local a few evenings but no real rides.

Today I took it on a nice little trip. I had to be in Roanoke for a meeting tomorrow and so I decided bike trip.

Ran out to Boerne first to meet a new customer then up through Fredericksburg and Llano and up through Stephenville then around FtWorth and up to Roanoke for the evening.

I must say I was impressed, fast smooth and comfortable. It cruised at 75-95
all day on 16 with out complaint and would have been happy at 95-115 if I had felt like my wallet and ins could have taken the hit if caught.

It had bar risers on when I got it and they put me too upright and there was some buffeting, pulled them off before the trip and man what a difference slight tilt forward now and just out of the wind blast perfect riding positon.

I think I will get some miles and smiles from this bike.
Was a bit warm today as it stayed in the 100 degree mark from the time I left Boerne until I hit Ft Worth but my Olympia vented suit worked well all day and the one time I stopped to answer a batch of emails the old trick of putting your helmet in the ice machine in front of the store made for a cool ride for a few miles when I started back up

Those are supposed to be bulletproof motors too, thanks for the write up! :sun:
Did you check fuel economy? :zen:

One of my all time favorite rides! I rode one for about 7 years. At times, I still wonder why I sold it. Motors are mostly bulletproof and rarely ever require a valve adjustment. Keep moly paste on the rear splines at tire changes and it'll go forever. :rider:

One of my all time favorite rides! I rode one for about 7 years. At times, I still wonder why I sold it. Motors are mostly bulletproof and rarely ever require a valve adjustment. Keep moly paste on the rear splines at tire changes and it'll go forever. :rider:

Never had one, but two friends did, an 1100 and a 1300. I thought the 1100 looked great, and I know it ran good. Saw a black one recently and spoke to the guy, they still look good.

A lot of ST1300 and 1100 riders are going to the TexSTOC shindig in Bandera on Sept. 11-13. You might consider joining them here.

RB

If you're interested, there's a whole slew of us ST riders over at ST-Owners. Come join us! Lots of good folks and info there.

I'm glad you are putting it to good use! It really does settle in around 100mph. That is one of the reasons I traded it...

This red ST1100 has well in excess of 100,000 miles. Little maintenance except basic service intervals etc.

RB

UTUQiF-s96lZlfK1YO9R0aT-rEwDpbabxdW7QQuwczkf_U4Pq54=w884-h663-no.jpg

Back