• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

off road classes

Reaction score
I am trying to research options for r100gs off road classes with the more technical and challenging the better. I don't mind driving to a class with the bike trailered. actually not sure if I should prefer a class where I use my bike or not.

anyway, is it possible anyone has done this research and can advise? I am a returning rider with a good deal of bicycle experience and pretty decent motorcycle road/city skills.

I know of ullybrad in texas and something in Oklahoma. are there others worth looking into?

again, not completely sure if I just want a couple of down and dirty day classes or something more formal but would love the help figuring it out.

also advance apologies to the moderator if this is in the wrong section.

- jon

I am waiting to receive news from a member named Ullibrad. He gives offroad classes near Marble Falls

ok, I'd be interested to hear if you get any news on marble falls. also interested in hearing from anyone that has taken this class or has taken anything to compare it to.

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone if they took the bmw class in Cali that was kindly posted (thank you for the link).

btw: I am wondering if anyone still thinks google is your friend or if they just try to act like it but stab you in the back when you aren't looking!

Brad gives a very good basic class that is sanctioned by the MSF, and he also does clinics for more advanced folks on occasion. I've never heard a disparaging word about him or his classes. I'm an old fat klutz and he has taught me techniques that have served me well.

The BMW classes are likely to be aimed towards the bigger bikes and are often multi day affairs that might be a bit more advanced. There are lots of you tube videos about them. A popular provider of that training is Rawhide or maybe Rawhyde (sp?). Lots f videos by them.

Last edited:
Brad gives a very good basic class that is sanctioned by the MSF, and he also does clinics for more advanced folks on occasion. I've never heard a disparaging word about him or his classes.

He won't take your money unless you're 100% satisfied plus he'll let you repeat the class for free.

The other class is Bill Dragoo's in OK (https://billdragoo.com/), another excellent class more biased towards bigger ADV bikes.

Having done both I'd recommend starting out with Brad.

I've done Brad's class and whole-heartedly recommend it. He posts in here when classes are on the horizon, and also does them in conjunction with other TWT events. Might be one at 'roll the bones'.

The one I did was at Hidden Falls; it was a combo of slow, bike handling stuff, hill climbs / turns and then a zip around the Falls property.

He brings bikes you can ride, but riding your own is always best. You'll get KTM-envy otherwise :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Brad gives a very good basic class that is sanctioned by the MSF, and he also does clinics for more advanced folks on occasion. I've never heard a disparaging word about him or his classes. I'm an old fat klutz and he has taught me techniques that have served me well.

The BMW classes are likely to be aimed towards the bigger bikes and are often multi day affairs that might be a bit more advanced. There are lots of you tube videos about them. A popular provider of that training is Rawhide or maybe Rawhyde (sp?). Lots f videos by them.

I did the Rawhyde Adventure camp in CO this past summer and can’t say enough about it. Great coaches, excellent training on any mid to large ADV bike. Aside from stunning scenery it’s great fun in a positive, “safe” environment that will provide all the basic info and experience needed to go on a more ambitious tour afterwards. By the end of class they will have you making sharp turns at walking pace and riding figure 8s in a space smaller than your average living room. Pretty awesome[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad's class is fun. Look up Bill Dragoo for a possible option. billdragoo.com

I took Brad's class last year. I would highly recommend him and the class. I plan to take a refresher with him this year.

Back