• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy checking in, Austin area....

Reaction score
Hello all. Lovely state ya got here....would be a shame if some whackjob from Ohio came and....messed it up!

Srsly, nice forum you have here...been surfing it for a while. I just relocated to the Austin area, liking it so far and looking forward to getting to know some other riders in the area. Primarily an adventure/dirt rider, but don't mind casual rides and sporty stuff either.

Gonna miss my Ohio valley backroads....great dual sporting and adventure stuff there (I authored the 1,100 mile Trans Ohio Trail if anyone ever ventures that far east, hit me up for the tracks), but the weather was like living with a psychopath, hugs you one minute, tries to stab you with a fork the next.

:rider:

Welcome. So out of curiosity, have you ever been through a Texas summer? It'll be interesting to see how you react to that!

Seriously though, welcome, and get out and ride with the TARA groups as much as you can before it gets hot as Hades here

[QUOTE
Seriously though, welcome, and get out and ride with the TARA groups as much as you can before it gets hot as Hades here[/QUOTE]
As long as you respect the deer, the nights are nice for riding when the days hit 110*+.

Welcome. So out of curiosity, have you ever been through a Texas summer? It'll be interesting to see how you react to that!

I'm ok with the heat, grew up in Phoenix (dryer, but hotter). Rode across Texas last year on a GDR trip in mid-August, that was toasty.

I'll manage. It sure beats -10 degrees and howling wind, lemme tell ya.

Welcome to Texas. That's a good looking dog :) Check the TARA section for the Meet and Greet and Group Ride schedules. What do you ride?

Aloha welcome to Texas. What do you ride? I did not see that here. We do some camping around here also if you do that off your ride? Join in on one of the pie runs or local gatherings. Ride safe. KP

Welcome!
Look forward to seeing ya on a ride soon.
Looks like a great dog.
Post pix of your ride(s)!

Aloha welcome to Texas. What do you ride? I did not see that here. We do some camping around here also if you do that off your ride? Join in on one of the pie runs or local gatherings. Ride safe. KP

09' Vstrom 650 at the moment....have a CRF250X back in Ohio, but it's pretty worthless to me here, so I'm selling it. I do camp off the bike a lot, so that's definitely something I'll be doing in the near future.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8eabfa6d0704e690d69711369c4ad034&oe=5B9A8F39

Last edited by a moderator:
As a moto camper, you may be interesting in checking out a couple of long running threads. Feel free not only to borrow information, but to contribute. Experience is always welcome.

One is a thread about camping on a tight budget, and getting the most bang for your buck.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88016&highlight=primer

The other was started to give inexperienced campers some ideas about what to take, and how to carry it. But there's actually a lot of idea sharing in there.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99365&highlight=primer

And since I see you're already acquainted with Kickstand-Prophet, you'll quickly learn his secret to easy moto camping: Carry practically nothing, but travel with somebody you can trick into carrying practically everything. :lol2:

Welcome from Burleson. Feel free to join us on a Pie Run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. I'm in Elgin, but work downtown Austin. Look forward to meeting another Austin DS rider.

Bryan

We try to camp here at TWT off the bikes. Working on one close by Austin right now for next months gathering. Keep tuned. KP

Back