• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

...not a real dirt bike...

If it has a motor, suspension, and goes fast enough to hurt you, it's a dirt bike.

Hey, +1 for Red River Trails. You could prolly get there in 2+ hours from Waxahache. Straight up 35, mostly. HUGE piece of land with TONS of trails for every level of rider. Great place to polish your GPS skills too. BTW, they are closed until Aug. 4th - like anyone is going to be riding in 100+ heat.

He can get to CTOR just outside of Salado as quick or quicker than transversing the metro mess I would guess. Benny allows day riders just look up his website and give him a call

I have not been up there in a while, busy this weekend but shoot me a PM sometime if you want someone to meet you there so you have someone to ride with

Last edited:
I won't be riding dirt until late September, or <80 degrees, whichever comes first. I would really like to explore some of the Centex riding spots this Fall/Winter.

Traversing the Metromess isn't that bad on a Sat or Sunday morning. I do it every weekday. On a dirt bike.

Jarret.... check out barnwell as well. RR is awesome. If your a member out at RR you can book weekday rides and use the bathrooms and showers. Its a slightly more costly than barnwell. Both Barnwell and RR are the best IMO. The others are likely pretty cool, but cost and distance keeps me away being a little north and east of you. Barnwell is cheap once you have the yearly membership and stickers. 15 bucks a turn and you can use the bathrooms and showers. A little more if you want a cabin, RV spot, or rough camp.

I'd love to hit up COTR, but I'm on a chore break from riding. I have a list a mile long and the heat is keeping me a away. Will likely start getting out mid august (that is the plan anyway).

There is also trophy club, but in my opinion unless your close its not worth it to me. For a quick ride if your going to in the area its worth it. I can make a lap pretty fast out there. If I lived the other side of town I would likely hit up texplex and twin hills more. If I going to drive that far I want something larger.

Last edited:
Back