• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New rider in Austin

Reaction score
Howdy from the People's Republic of Austin. I am new to the Dirt/Adventure riding group here in Austin, and hoping to make some good connections to get out to ride. I grew up on a dirt bike, and had a 650XLR that I took down to the Baja, but haven't ridden anything less than a gravel drive in several years. I bought a 2008 DRZ400 that's been modded well, and am looking forward to some good rides. I have looked around the forum, and it looks like there's a weekly lunch on Thursdays. Anything else in the Austin area I should know about?

It looks like an exciting forum. Glad to be a part of it!

There is a ride going on in bastrop tomorrow. It’s on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group. Check out the Dual sport section of the site for the TARA meet and greet and ride schedule, as well as anything else in the planning stages. Also, if you FB, check "Austin Dual Sport Riders" and "Dual Sport Riders of Central Texas". Next meet and greet is August 2, and the next TARA group, as well as our next Bastrop excursion, is 8-04.

Thank you, everyone, for the warm reception, and the great information. Looking forward to seeing you on the trail. In the meantime, I’m flying to NY to do a 7 state ride with my 78 year old Dad (all paved roads). Hope to get to ride with y’all soon!

Welcome to TWT. There are plenty of stuff going around near you and all over Texas. Go to the forum area and look in the upcoming ride section for all the gatherings and planned rides. Are you planning on camping off the bike? We do that here also. KP

Welcome to TWT. There are plenty of stuff going around near you and all over Texas. Go to the forum area and look in the upcoming ride section for all the gatherings and planned rides. Are you planning on camping off the bike? We do that here also. KP

Thanks, KP! I would love to do some bike camping. Have done it before in Mexico and Colorado, but don't know any good spots here in TX. Hoping to make the Mena run in September, though!

Welcome along, lots of great folks here who like sharing knowledge.
Enjoy.

If you don't mind a relative newbie, I'm in North Austin and looking to get some more dirt riding in on my new-to-me KTM.

Back