• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

A ride while the weather is nice really sounds good. May 5th or 6th should work, I'll know which is better by next Wednesday.

I'll look of a good destination, or if anyone has a suggestion post up.

Chad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

A ride while the weather is nice really sounds good. May 5th or 6th should work, I'll know which is better by next Wednesday.

I'll look of a good destination, or if anyone has a suggestion post up.

Chad

Cool! Saturday always works better for Suzie and I it it's just a one day ride, as we usually take Alex to church on Sunday. It's kind become a tradition now, so hopefully that'll work for y'all.

If an overnighter is possible though, (like we did that one time to that airport diner for Darmy's birthday, then Round Top), that would work too. Think we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brenham, and that was really nice.
I've yet to make it to the (Tabasco?) ride in LA either. and a visit to Darmy and Karen would be cool too, but not sure how available they are these days. Anyway, just a couple suggestions. :rider:

Remember Chad, the government is always watching.

I think NASA makes an exception for Mexican food though... especially at "Luna's"

Last edited:
The weather on Saturday looks like it's going to cooperate after all, so Susie and I are planning to do a day ride somewhere. Anyone want to come along? Open to suggestions.

Susie and I rode out to the Bahnhof Café in Cuero today, and it sure was nice! Weather was awesome as it was super low humidity starting out, and stayed low until the ride home in the evening. Food was great, and the route was a lot of fun. Here's some pics from the ride.

IMG_0187001.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

I had the catfish (should have gotten the "1 fillet" option). Darn things couldn't even fit on the plate! But dang, they were good! Susie's CFC was the same.. big, good :eat:

IMG_0188.jpg

They closed at 2PM, so we were the last folks to leave, and the cook (?) walked us out. He had a motorized bicycle that he was awful proud of, and wasn't shy to talk about it with a fellow biker, lol.

IMG_0192.jpg

On the way home:

20180505_163632.jpg

Wish you guys could have made it, but hopefully we'll get together soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics. I almost messaged you yesterday to join up, but Judy and I decided to visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens instead. When the skies cleared this morning, I was thinking choosing a road trip would have been a great idea. Next time...

Sounds like y'all had a good ride and Cureo is a pretty good run.

Ok, but we'll probably be in the truck. Way too hot to negotiate rush hour, south-bound stop/go traffic along 146 :sun:

How about an old favorite, Joe Lee's, for this week?

Aww, man! Thought we talked about picking stuff south of the bridge in summer time LOL, ok, we might see y'all there.

Back