• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Intro from Texas

Boomer

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Karsteter
Hello from Brenham,Tx. A little about me,I retired from The USAF in 94 after 20 yrs,have been working for Blue Bell Ice Cream :eat: as an 18 wheel truckdriver since then. I ride a 2000 Indian Chief and am Second Officer of The Independence Trail Chapter #470 of SCRC. Married 20+ yrs to a very good woman (has to be to put up with me that long) 2 grown step daughters,1 granddaughter. Currently working on a 1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate to see if I can get it up an running after being stored (w/gas & oil) for 6-7 yrs. If I can't get it going,I'll part it out.

Hello from Brenham,Tx. A little about me,I retired from The USAF in 94 after 20 yrs,have been working for Blue Bell Ice Cream :eat: as an 18 wheel truckdriver since then. I ride a 2000 Indian Chief and am Second Officer of The Independence Trail Chapter #470 of SCRC. Married 20+ yrs to a very good woman (has to be to put up with me that long) 2 grown step daughters,1 granddaughter. Currently working on a 1982 Honda Goldwing Interstate to see if I can get it up an running after being stored (w/gas & oil) for 6-7 yrs. If I can't get it going,I'll part it out.

Welcome aboard. I'm working on a 1976 GL1000 that was stored like yours. I've had it for over two years now myself and it is more apart than together. I keep saying to myself that it's time to put it back together, then I see something else I should take care of. Plus I'm not retired yet and still have one kid at home. So I do family stuff, work, and ride. Not willing to give one of those up to spend a lot of time on the oldwing yet. I save the wrenching for the two bikes that work.

Welcome aboard. I'm working on a 1976 GL1000 that was stored like yours. I've had it for over two years now myself and it is more apart than together. I keep saying to myself that it's time to put it back together, then I see something else I should take care of. Plus I'm not retired yet and still have one kid at home. So I do family stuff, work, and ride. Not willing to give one of those up to spend a lot of time on the oldwing yet. I save the wrenching for the two bikes that work.

You could always "gift" it to me!!! :trust: Thats so the wife won't know I spent any money on it. ;-) :lol2:

Welcome Boomer, Looking forward to some day checking out your Indian. I have not seen one in a long time. Hope you can make some of the pie runs this next year

I do have a question...In the blue bell commericial they say that the employees "can eat all they want". I have always wondered if that is for real

Rick

Last edited:
I can't believe that someone hasn't already suggested a special TWT tour of the plant with all the ice cream WE can eat. :sun:

Welcome aboard.

Brian, we need to make him LIKE us before we ask for free ice cream!

Welcome Boomer! :wave:

Don't leave your keys in your bike when you Squeeky is coming around for her free icekream.......

Squeeky - have you ever rode a big Indian?:rider:

Welcome to the board Boomer! I'm sure we have crossed paths before, I'm with the Conroe chapter. Are you keeping Lawdawg straight? :-P

And I second the motion of having a pie/ice cream run to Blue Bell!

Don't leave your keys in your bike when you Squeeky is coming around for her free icekream.......

Squeeky - have you ever rode a big Indian?:rider:

Moose,

Did you not hear.:doh:.....we need to make him LIKE us before Squeeky ask him for the keys.:rofl: :rofl:

I do have a question...In the blue bell commericial they say that the employees "can eat all they want". I have always wondered if that is for real

Rick[/QUOTE]

Yes that's true,we have freezers in all the break rooms at work. You can eat all that you want at work,just can't take it home. However we do get to purchase it at cost.:eat:

Yes that's true,we have freezers in all the break rooms at work. You can eat all that you want at work,just can't take it home. However we do get to purchase it at cost.:eat:

How wide are the doors and how sturdy are the chairs in that place?!?!? :eek2:

Back