• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Baytown

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bjork
Hi ya'll, I'm a native Texan, 49 yrs old living in Baytown. Been riding for about 32 yrs. and had too many bikes to list here. I still ride motocross in the vintage and vet classes and also ride street bikes. Current (running) bikes:
* 2006 V-strom 1000
* 1996 Virago 750 (wifes bike for sale)
* 1981 YZ-465
* 1974 Husky WR-400 x2
* 1993 RM 125
* 1983 RM 80
* 1985 YZ 250
* 1979 DR 400
* 1974 TY 175
Plus about 8 more projects and parts bikes. (I need more room!) LOL. I often ride with my wife, she prefers being the passenger so selling her bike. Both of my sons ride and I have several friends from work and racing I ride with. I'm always looking for new places to go and ride and see so I'm glad I found this site.

See Ya
Kevin

:welcome:

Seems to be an influx of 'Strom riders :thumb:

Resistance is futile!
assimilate.gif

If you haven't found them already, check out these two V-Strom forums:
Stromtroopers
VSRI

And...
Watch for a "V-Strom-Only BBQ Run" in February or March of this year... :-P
(third annual maybe?) ;-)

Thanks for the links, Haven't seen VSRI before. Really like the 'Strom. It's more comfy than the '05 Bandit 1200 I had before, especially for passengers. Just wish the 'Strom had the Bandit engine!

Later

Hey. Swede...

I have a '97 "little Virago" AND a '79 DT250, so there's some commonality in our fleets!

Baytown to me means two things: Lee College (one of several institutions I dropped out of, back when) and Sunday afternoon flat track races-- off Garth Road, as I recall-- back in the 60's (we would drive over from Northshore or Jacinto City).

Welcome aboard!

Haven't seen VSRI before.

VSRI is probably the best place for DL technical info, especially with the 1000 since the site has supported the big 'Strom since '02 when it was introduced.

(just checked there for some tire info...)

Ah yes, Texas ave. it's still there but no cruising goes on there. Baytown was once a real hotbed for fast cars and bikes. If you wanted to find someone on Fri or Sat nites, that was where you would find them. Lots of fun! Are there still places in Texas where people gather like that?

Kevin

Ah yes, Texas ave. it's still there but no cruising goes on there. Baytown was once a real hotbed for fast cars and bikes. If you wanted to find someone on Fri or Sat nites, that was where you would find them. Lots of fun! Are there still places in Texas where people gather like that?

Kevin

once the mall was built and the loes shut down the cruising on texas ave all was lost except for some secret parties around baytown area. oh yea there was a trussle somewhere back in baytown that we use to climb at night and some other people would hang out... am i dating myself or what. i lived in sheldon(c. e. king hs) but had a friend in the four corners area that i visited often. oh yea the old drive in movie theater...

not sure where people hang out today... sure had fun back then

Back