• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quarry Rd. Midlothian Tx

Reaction score
Last edited:
My memory from a few years ago is that its blocked off or something. I don't think I was able to get through. One way to find out...

I was able to go from Gifco Road down to Auger Road. From Auger road it says closed. From Gifco, it is open.

I was curious if it was closed to the public or not. It seems to go by gas drilling stuff.

Anyone know anything about this road? I've been down it before and on one side it says "Road Closed", but from Gifco Rd, its open.
It's been about 3 or 4 years since the last I was out that way - back then Quarry Road was closed off with a gate on the South end where Auger / Kimble & Quarry meet and also had a gate on North end where Quarry meets Gifco Rd. - I think the gates were put up when gas wells along that section of road were being drilled.

Went out & checked it out today - the gates closing off Quarry are no longer there (Kimble is still closed).

When I got to Gifco Rd, I turned left and thought I'd check it out also - since the last time I was down it, it also had gates closing it off - the 2 gates on South/East side of Gifco (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile after passing JAS ranch) are still there along with the dead end / road closed signage , but both gates were open today, first gate looks like is being left open all of the time, the second gate is keypad controlled, but it also appeared that it is being left open - so I kept going all the way to the bridge just before FM 661 - there is a keypad operated gate on the West end of the bridge, but it auto-opens when approached from the East side - there a a few houses on Gifco that are closer to the bridge, so my guess is that the keypad entry is for the folks that live on the road.

My question is this. If I take Gifco Rd. to Quarry Rd. then pop out on Auger and an officer is on the other side of the road closed sign, have I violated the law?

I wondered about Gifco since google showed it going through to FM661, but I didn't get close to the gates to see.

My question is this. If I take Gifco Rd. to Quarry Rd. then pop out on Auger and an officer is on the other side of the road closed sign, have I violated the law?

I wondered about Gifco since google showed it going through to FM661, but I didn't get close to the gates to see.

Since the gates have been removed Quarry does not have any road closed signs at either end - so there there shouldn't be a problem.

I saw several cars / trucks on Quarry when I went through today so it is getting some traffic - the Road Closed sign you saw where Quarry & Auger meet is for Kimble Rd which ran around Padera Lake to Hwy 287 - it was closed over 20 years ago.

Back