• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport/Offroad training courses in the area?

LMAO :rofl: Apparently you've never seen what Chris Birch can do on the 1190R ! ! !

The 1090R is lighter than the 1190R

Actually I did. In person. Multiple times. You can’t compare Chris to the average person. Although I agree it’s the rider, you simply can’t do stuff that graham teaches and does on any bike with knobbies. Even Chris can’t. I’d like to meet up and you show me doing stuff in the big bike that I’m doing on my husky. Let alone Graham Jarvis.

Actually I did. In person. Multiple times. You can’t compare Chris to the average person. Although I agree it’s the rider, you simply can’t do stuff that graham teaches and does on any bike with knobbies. Even Chris can’t. I’d like to meet up and you show me doing stuff in the big bike that I’m doing on my husky. Let alone Graham Jarvis.

25 years ago, I'd have taken you up on your offer. At my age now......
While I can still ride better than the average, I don't bounce like I used too ! ! !
A little above average rider can do more with the 1090R than most folks can with a 450. Now I'm not talking about a pro rider, just your average Joe back county rider. I think Chris could do anything that your going to find on the red river with a 1090R ! ! !
I never said "any" bike, you couldn't put knobbies on a Harley dresser. Adventure bikes, most likely ! ! ! That little creek ledge that Graham went up in that video, no problem on my 1090R

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8X4ughWL7s"]KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R – Chris Birch’s Coastal Adventure | KTM - YouTube[/ame]

Oh my, You can't do that on a 1090R, it's not a "dirt" bike ! ! ! ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R – Chris Birch’s Coastal Adventure | KTM - YouTube

Oh my, You can't do that on a 1090R, it's not a "dirt" bike ! ! ! ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chris rode one race that my dad and I organized. XROSS challenge in Serbia, on Tara mountain, in 2014. He stayed and rode with us for a week. He did a school that we set up. I've seen all the stuff that he can do, on a big bike, in person.
I know 1090/1190 are very capable bikes. Although I am not nowhere near Chris, I don't take them easy. This is me yesterday, on the 1190. (video in link).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoVAfI8FWPy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

That said, please, trust me when I say this, no person in the world can do all the stuff that Graham teaches on 1090. I am sure if you come, and you attend, you will realize that your self. Until you do get such an experience yourself, I don't think your statements are backed up with facts. Looking couple videos on the internet of the best rider in the world, and ambassador for the model and brand, doesn't really give you valuable arguments.
Come and see for yourself. You can pay just for the spectators pass, which is really cheap.

Chris rode one race that my dad and I organized. XROSS challenge in Serbia, on Tara mountain, in 2014. He stayed and rode with us for a week. He did a school that we set up. I've seen all the stuff that he can do, on a big bike, in person.
I know 1090/1190 are very capable bikes. Although I am not nowhere near Chris, I don't take them easy. This is me yesterday, on the 1190. (video in link).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoVAfI8FWPy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

That said, please, trust me when I say this, no person in the world can do all the stuff that Graham teaches on 1090. I am sure if you come, and you attend, you will realize that your self. Until you do get such an experience yourself, I don't think your statements are backed up with facts. Looking couple videos on the internet of the best rider in the world, and ambassador for the model and brand, doesn't really give you valuable arguments.
Come and see for yourself. You can pay just for the spectators pass, which is really cheap.

No one in the world ? ? ? Dude, you have a serious man crush. I guess Jarvis must have been trained by the gods themselves ! ! ! :clap:

No one in the world ? ? ? Dude, you have a serious man crush. I guess Jarvis must have been trained by the gods themselves ! ! ! :clap:

Nobody can’t repeat that **** that he does on 300 dirt bike on a 1090 adventure bike. I don’t have a man crush. You are delusional to even say that. It’s the same as me saying that there is probably somebody in the world that can make a better lap time on Mugelo on a 50ccm moped than Valentino Rossi on his Yamaha. It’s not happening. Ever.

I think the whole point of this argument is that he mainly rides his KTM 1090 off road much like me and my Tiger 800XC. If I took this class that is what I would show up with as that is the bike I will find myself on when in situations I want to improve on. Nobody here will ever ride Karl’s Diner. I doubt he will do Hard Enduro teaching y’all. The closest thing to a dirt I will probably own is a G310GS with full rally Raid UK kit. So just go have fun.

I think the whole point of this argument is that he mainly rides his KTM 1090 off road much like me and my Tiger 800XC. If I took this class that is what I would show up with as that is the bike I will find myself on when in situations I want to improve on. Nobody here will ever ride Karl’s Diner. I doubt he will do Hard Enduro teaching y’all. The closest thing to a dirt I will probably own is a G310GS with full rally Raid UK kit. So just go have fun.

And that’s completely fine and I agree with that. But in that case you take adventure class with Bill Dragoo, or with Chris if the insurance issue ever gets solved with the US. But you can’t take an hard enduro class.

And that’s completely fine and I agree with that. But in that case you take adventure class with Bill Dragoo, or with Chris if the insurance issue ever gets solved with the US. But you can’t take an hard enduro class.

LMAO ! ! ! Yep, man crush ! ! !
Hard Enduro class on the Red River ! ! ! :rofl:

Last edited:
LMAO ! ! ! Yep, man crush ! ! !
Hard Enduro class on the Red River ! ! ! :rofl:

Lol. When you sir have an open invitation from me to come and join me on one hard enduro ride at red river motorcycle club. I’m gonna be your guide, I’m gonna take you trough the spots that I like to train at. I’m gonna pay for your admission fee and I’m gonna buy you lunch. If you manage to follow me on your bike and stil lmao when we’re done, and still be thinking that the parts I’ve took you trough are not hard enduro, then I’ll declare you best rider in the world and pay you to teach classes.
Or even easier sign to the next ballzapallooza and come and show us.

Lol. When you sir have an open invitation from me to come and join me on one hard enduro ride at red river motorcycle club. I’m gonna be your guide, I’m gonna take you trough the spots that I like to train at. I’m gonna pay for your admission fee and I’m gonna buy you lunch. If you manage to follow me on your bike and stil lmao when we’re done, and still be thinking that the parts I’ve took you trough are not hard enduro, then I’ll declare you best rider in the world and pay you to teach classes.
Or even easier sign to the next ballzapallooza and come and show us.

LOL in the sand and mud ? ? ? :clap: :lol2:
I thought you blew up your F800 in the mud ?

Exactly, I don't know anyone on the forum that's headed to the Iron Mountain ! Here in the rocks of central and south Texas, we just like to ride off the beaten path and have fun doing it. I know Graham is't remotely trying to get anyone ready for The Erzberg Rodeo at the Red River ! There are some here, that are too "star struck" to realize that !

Last edited:
So is the Red River Motorcycle Trails a off road riding area? I would like to give it a go myself on weekend. What is this pallooza thing you speak of? I have followed Jason Houle, I think I can get around most of these trails.

So is the Red River Motorcycle Trails a off road riding area? I would like to give it a go myself on weekend. What is this pallooza thing you speak of? I have followed Jason Houle, I think I can get around most of these trails.

Ballzapallooza is the annual event when best riders on Texas and other states come to participate and collect money for a different good cause.
Red river is an off road club.
Here are some videos. I went to red river over 10 times. And thought it was pretty boring and easy. Then once I got to ride with Cole Reynolds, and Hayden, and they showed me the good stuff. That’s not part of any marked area or track. And that **** is pretty good. It’s not Ercberg. And I’ve been there twice, since it’s 5 hours from my house back home. But it’s the best riding you can do in Texas. I’ve been to every park and almost every race, and I’m telling you, it’s one of the top ones. Here are some videos and you can see for yourself. And you are aware that camera flattens stuff out. But you’re gonna be able to get an idea by the speed of the bikes and sound how steep some stuff is.

One of the climbs from last year.

[ame="https://youtu.be/k6TtAbUHbWw"]https://youtu.be/k6TtAbUHbWw[/ame]

The wall, that the gentlemen above says some people can do on a 1200gs and he can do on 1090.
[ame="https://youtu.be/H_XNYXDJZNo"]https://youtu.be/H_XNYXDJZNo[/ame]

Rocky climb that even Graham (best hard enduro rider in the world multiple winner of Erzberg and Romaniacs) got messed up the first time.

[ame="https://youtu.be/kSbi80RjXXA"]https://youtu.be/kSbi80RjXXA[/ame]

You can see the Texas stadium at the next video. Also section of the same club. Ff to about 0:30 into the video.
https://youtu.be/-zxtugRxmr0

Last edited:
LOL in the sand and mud ? ? ? :clap: :lol2:
I thought you blew up your F800 in the mud ?

I did. I don’t know what that has to do with anything. Watch the videos I posted above, and come join me for a ride. Walk the walk. Don’t just talk.

To get this back on topic, Ocho, come out for some of the TARA group rides this fall. Lots of riders, lots of advice, and you can set your own pace. The same goes for our semi regular Bastrop rides, Good fellowship, advice, and plenty of people to help you pick it up when you put it down.

You should also consider coming to the meet and greet on Thursday. Ask the brain trust any questions you want answered. And beer.

Last edited:
Ocho, thanks for starting a very entertaining thread :)

It's been interesting :mrgreen::mrgreen:

To get this back on topic, Ocho, come out for some of the TARA group rides this fall. Lots of riders, lots of advice, and you can set your own pace. The same goes for our semi regular Bastrop rides, Good fellowship, advice, and plenty of people to help you pick it up when you put it down.

You should also consider coming to the meet and greet on Thursday. Ask the brain trust any questions you want answered. And beer.

I plan on going this saturday for the monthly Austin ride. I'm not sure if I can make it this thursday but I'll try. I've signed up for Roll The Bones and Hill Country 500. I've been interested in joining the Bastrop rides, but is a lightweight ADV bike like the Versys X300 fine? Also I'm a complete newbie on the dirt (less so on the road, but still).

That looks really easy peasy for a 1200GS. Just ride it in opposite direction and deploy your parachute. LOL

The wall, that the gentlemen above says some people can do on a 1200gs and he can do on 1090.
https://youtu.be/H_XNYXDJZNo

[ame="https://youtu.be/H_XNYXDJZNo"]Grimpossible w/ Graham Jarvis - The Wall - YouTube[/ame]

It's been interesting :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I plan on going this saturday for the monthly Austin ride. I'm not sure if I can make it this thursday but I'll try. I've signed up for Roll The Bones and Hill Country 500. I've been interested in joining the Bastrop rides, but is a lightweight ADV bike like the Versys X300 fine? Also I'm a complete newbie on the dirt (less so on the road, but still).

I'd hold off on Bastrop until you get some dirt roads under your wheels. Do James River and the THC500, then see how you feel about things.

Does anyone know if Ulybrad is still teaching, or has he retired?

As I understand it, he has retired.
If you missed taking his class, you really missed out.
Easily the best two days of my life I've ever spent.

I recall him yelling at me to just ride the bike ... let the bike do the work, just ride the bike.

I would certainly like to tell him that that mantra was whirring through my head a couple weekends ago while touring through Arkansas. Things went south very quickly, but I let the bike do the work and I just rode through it. Neery a scratch on me or the bike.

Back