• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2003 CRF230F Minimalist ADV Bike

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Shaddock
Copied from my craigslist ad:

Selling my beloved minimalist adventure bike. I've decided to upgrade to a KTM350 after much thought and debate. I've owned this bike for approximately 4 years, bought it from the original owner. It has a Baja Designs street legal kit with horn, mirror, high low headlight, brake light switches, street gearing, and a Trail Tech speedometer / odometer setup. This bike has been absolutely, 100%, bulletproof and reliable. I would guess the bike has 4,000 miles, 3,000 put on by me over 7 or 8 weekends of riding. This is a great RV bike to run to the store and putt around, a great easy learner bike, or a bike I'd ride without hesitation today as far as my butt will allow.

I don't really ride dirt around town, but twice a year I take adventure vacations on 2 wheels. So this bike has been to Big Bend a few times, and central Mexico 3 times. She has never failed to start, has had only one flat tire (caught on film) in 4 years (has almost new knobbies at the moment) and everything needed to keep it going ($20 ebay battery, inexpensive drive chain, air filters) all are cheap and easy to find.

I have upgraded the bike with an aftermarket pipe and matching jet kit. I also put a seriously smaller sprocket on the rear. And a skid plate from BBR. This allows for a 75 MPH top speed and a comfortable 60 MPH freeway cruise speed. I have led a few trip to Mexico on this bike, leading 30 guys on all sorts of go fast machines, and have always felt I had a serious edge in the dirt. Easy handling, light weight, 60+ MPH fuel mileage, and zero mechanical issues. The only thing that needs regular attention is the brake light bulb tends to burn out when riding on really rocky terrain. A $2 fix.

I have current tags, registration, inspection, and clear blue Texas title in my name. I ask for cash deposit before test rides ( I have dirt and street at my property). Machine abusers will be tackled with full force to protect my property, LOL. No scammers or lowballers. I will transfer the title to your name at the DMV as needed, or can leave it signed and open.

IF THE AD IS UP THE BIKE IS STILL FOR SALE

Thanks for looking, text anytime 24/7, calls 9am - midnight pls.

Peter (from Texas)

Attachments

• 20161020_155320_001_zpsvppb42iv.jpg
    20161020_155320_001_zpsvppb42iv.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 20161022_151012_zpscoadot7w.jpg
    20161022_151012_zpscoadot7w.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 20161021_165624_zpsefsrlmv0.jpg
    20161021_165624_zpsefsrlmv0.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 225
  • i-Vf6bdds-L.jpg
    i-Vf6bdds-L.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 20161022_162350_zpsbbbotwva.jpg
    20161022_162350_zpsbbbotwva.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 243
I can text detailed pics as needed! Bike is with me in Phoenix, but I'll be in Texas for a couple of weeks in early March if anyone is serious about purchasing.

Peter

Have you tried an LED bulb for the brake light? Should be more rugged and last almost forever.

What's the price? Am I missing it?

I may have donated a front tube to this bike on a Galeana trip? I absolutely remember being amazed at how fast you were. Of course, my pig of a KLR isn't a fair comparison on baby head sized rocks.

God I'd be ALL OVER this if I didn't have a bill from a house addition and a kid en route.

This is one fine bike. I marveled at how it rode in the mud at uncles two years ago. Klrs were.burning clutches and my Ct was on its side while Shadnan cruised back and forth between crippled riders. Amazing.

I think I met that bike. But it was a little muddier. :-) And it had a little 110 brother that kept me out of the worst of it :lol2:

Good luck with the sale Peter! This bike is very capable. Followed it for many miles on the most recent MexTrek..

Back