• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another re-rider in SE Houston

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm Steve and I just bought a motorcycle after 25 years of not riding. I'm riding a 2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure and I love it. I live in the Pearland area and I'm looking for some help locating nice curvy roads near me. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Steve! I grew up in Pearland but live in west Houston now. We have a Dual-Sport group that meets every other Wednesday night in Central/West Houston. Would love for you to join us!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TravelDiva thanks for the invite! I'd like that. Where do you normally meet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelDiva thanks for the invite! I'd like that. Where do you normally meet?

This Wednesday we'll meet at 7pm at

Niko Niko's
1040 W. Sam Houston Parkway N.
Houston, TX 77043
(NE corner of intersection of Beltway & Katy Frwy)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! Got some good twisties out this way if you're ever around late spring to early fall.

Hopefully someday. Northern California is one of my dream destinations

Hello all, I'm Steve and I just bought a motorcycle after 25 years of not riding. I'm riding a 2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure and I love it.

Go BIG or go home! :lol2:

That's an awesome bike to be sure :thumb:

Welcome to the site! Most of your "curvy" roads will be Northwest of Houston. If you get out far enough to the West, there are some fun FM's on the North side of I-10, but I mean out past Katy/Brookshire. To the NW, you have to get out past Tomball. Then you have to get out past Magnolia, Montgomery, Conroe, and Coldspring. As you go East, most of the better roads are on the North side of US 190, with a few exceptions. West of I-45 there are lots of unpaved county roads, mostly hard packed with gravel and occasional spots of sand. East of I-45, you will start finding a lot more deep/loose sand and clay.

Next week's Pie Run is at Sam's Restaurant in Fairfield on I-45.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113124

Back