• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanksgiving Gathering (Nov. 11 thru 13)

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
Ok folks. This is now a real deal and it's time to get a body count

As we did last year, we will be hosting this gathering at our Valley Mills party house. Hopefully with better weather than last year, but even if the weather turns bad again we have more covered area than we did last year.

WHERE:
. 557 Rivercrest Rd
. Valley Mills

DIRECTIONS

Off Hwy-6, about 1 mile southeast of the town of Valley Mills or about 21 miles northwest of Waco, turn east onto Rivercrest Rd.

From Valley Mills soon after seeing a painted concrete retaining wall and cresting the hill, turn left on Rivercrest. From Waco, soon after passing the high school on your left, you would turn right on Rivercrest. There is a brick marque at the entrance that says "Rivercrest Estates". At night there is an amber street light there but it is partially blocked by trees and hard to see if coming from Valley Mills.

Once on Rivercrest, go up the hill and veer left to stay on Rivercrest. After the road straightens we are on the left side. There is a fake windmill in the yard and the house (single story, salmon colored brick) is set back. The party area is on the right side of the house (look for Taco the big chicken)

CAMPING FACILITIES: We have plenty of space for tents and plenty of trees for hammocks. If that is not your style, you are welcome to "camp" or our living room floor. There are also two love seats and a long couch on a first-come-first-serve basis. Pets and children are welcomed but be aware that our property is not fenced.

If you are hauling a trailer: Please park on gravel. As you pull in, veer to the right on the loop and circle around. Swing wide the left as you turn inform to the house to avoid an encounter with a tree as you cut in. Watch the right side of your trailer unless you want to leave it here. If unsure, honk and get some some to guide you.

Folks are invited to camp Friday (Nov 11), Saturday and Sunday nights any nights or all. The big Turkey meal, however, will be Sunday Nov 13.

The meal will be held in conjunction with Kickstand-Prophit's 2nd Sunday M&G but instead of going to a resturant, everyone will be invited to come break bread with the campers on Sunday. The link for the M&G is :
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111516

This will be a "pot-luck" style and I will post something to coordinate who is bringing what. I understand that a lot of folks are coming on motorcycles and unable to bring anything. So for those that cannot or chose not to bring something, I'll put out a kitty jar for folks to contribute to offset food costs. We will, make sure there is enough food but it will be important to get a good body count of attendees.

Please let me know if you are able to bring food. I will note in the post who is camping and who is bringing food.

Be thankful for every day and we look forward to seeing you at this gathering.

So, WHAT SAY YOU?

----------------------------------------------------------------

CAMPING

.....Friday
..........Beemerless, Thee Saint and Hunter the wonder dog
..........sKatz
..........TossingLead & the Mrs.
..........misterk
..........Devientartist & the Mrs
...........TxTiger
...........Jbay
............thumperless
............tango & greeneyes
.............Hizzo
.............SpiritAtBay and JT
.....Saturday
..........euromedic
..........sKatz
..........TossingLead & the Mrs.
..........Zephyr
..........TX_northstar
..........SpiritAtBay & JT
...........Devientartist & the Mrs
...........KickstandProphet & Mrs
............Jbay
.............sKatz
.............thumperless
.............tango & green eyes
..............Hizzo
..............Rhodyne & Mrs
..............downs
.....Sunday
..........euromedic
..........Zephyr
...........WhiskeySmith
...........Thumperless
...........TxTiger
...........needToTour

On defense
.....pthm
.....Mbay
.....zephyrette
.....Dahveed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKSGIVING MEAL ATTENDIES

Beemerless & Thee Saint - Hunter will be around begging for scraps
KamLeeR
euromedic
sKatz
Zephyr
TX_northstar
SpiritAtBay & JT
Devientartist & the Mrs
WhiskeySmith
maximus_flavius
KickstandProphet & Mrs
TossingLead & the Mrs
DFWTruman
duchess plus guest
TXTiger
Mr2mch
sKatz
Ron Stromer
Thumperless
Downs
Tango & greeneyes
Hizzo
HobbitRider
Simmons1 plus 1 (is that a Simmons2)
Liteitup
NeedToTour
Rhodyne & Mrs
Dahveed

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT

Beemerless & Thee Saint
.....gravey, Dressing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
KamLeeR
.....summer sausage
.....LOTS OF FIREWOOD
.....LOTS OF ICE
.....MORE FIREWOOD
TX_northstar
.....black bean venison chili
Zephyr
.....cornbread and pinto beans
KickstandProphet
.....unk food
TzTiger
.....various meats and Turkey
Jbay
.....unk side dish
Thumperless
.....Turkey Cookers and a side dish
WhiskeySmith
.....smoked-cheese and horse-divers
SKatz
.......cranberries
Devientartist
.......sausage balls
HobbitRider
.......banana pudding
TossingLead
.......sweet potato casserole

OTHER MEALS
TxTiger
.....Pork Butt
.....mystery meat fajitas
Kickstand-Prophit
.....variety of sausage, buns and chips
NeedToTour
.....Duch Oven delights
Thumperless
.....snacks
TossingLead
.....potato salad

Last edited:
Defense posture! I believe I can make this happen, at least Friday/Saturday. ? for Sunday.

I shall put it on the calendar. I would like to make at least one night :)

I think I am in for Friday night.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking about it... Will let you know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

In +1. We are planning to arrive Saturday and leave Monday...been way too long to pass this up.

TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In +1. We are planning to arrive Saturday and leave Monday...been way too long to pass this up.

TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes, way too long, no more excuses. I think your AT is imagery, we've never seen it!!!

Bob, Is there a local grocery store? I don't think anyone wants any food after a 4 hour rumble in the top-case. Otherwise, I will bring some cash for the hat-passing.

Also, Camping (hammock) for 1 for Sat night.

Will ride up Sunday morn with smoked-cheese for the horse-divers course of the meal. Might even bring a little bit of ripple. If allowed, will camp Sunday night.

Back