• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rain suite 1 or 2 piece

I looked at both recently as it looked like my KC to Dallas ride was going to be entirely in the rain. I like the one piece security from the water but the two piece is kind of more comfortable. I ended up looking at the $50 one from Motoboss at Cycle Gear and went with the one piece. I think if you are going to have a two piece it should come up pretty high and have suspenders. My two piece had that and if the Motoboss one would have had suspenders I'd have gone with a two piece.

That said, buying a rainsuit and wearing it home is the way to guarantee that you avoid ALL the rain on the way.

That said, buying a rainsuit and wearing it home is the way to guarantee that you avoid ALL the rain on the way.

Or you could be like me..I just returned from a 10 day 4000 mile trip to New Mex., Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Co..I remembered what it was I forgot just before I got drenched on the first day of the ride...:clap:

My Brother Bought the Triumph One peice. We were both gonna get one but they only had one in a large. So, I let him buy it. (I have three older rainsuits ) The one piece he got only comes in black, but it's very, very visible with all the Retro Reflective piping. Bottom line...He loved being dry. Hated the way he had to get in and out of it. One peice stay drier, Two piece is more convienient. I'm buying his one peice and he is getting a two peice from Triumph. Yes :thumb: If you get a Two P get do the Suspenders thing!

Attachments

• DSCF5480.jpg
    DSCF5480.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF5481.jpg
    DSCF5481.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF5482.jpg
    DSCF5482.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 149
These pics are of my brotha Bob and I on our way to Chi-Town on the evening of the first day of our recent "Rt 66 Ride Part 1". The first pic you can see the Retro Refl. piping really well when the flash hit it.
I'll post the best of our RT66 pics on a new thread later...if you were interested. :)

Frogg Toggs two-piece with suspenders.

Are you kidding?:brainsnap

those are worse than getting wet...At least when you wear no rain gear you can dry out when it quits raining..

that's the one I have also..It works good unless you leave it at home..:rofl:

That IS funny! :lol2:

Only legitimate caveat - make sure the velco flap over the jacket zipper is properly in place. Of course - that's if you have the jacket in the right place! :brainsnap

I owned a one-piece years ago - when I was younger and more flexible. I like a two-piece because it's relatively easy to get on and because I can remove the jacket if I stop for chow.

I prefer two piece just because I've never found a one piece that was long enough in the torso without the legs being a foot too long.

:lol2:

I don't know which is worse... sweating in side the suit cause ya think it's gonna Pour anny second... for miles and miles!... or, thinking naw... it ain't gonna rain... that's too far away as you ride into a wall of rain seconds later! Arrrggggggg! Any way, It's all still fun n games...:rider: until some gets Hailed on!:giveup:
that's the one I have also..It works good unless you leave it at home..:rofl:

Are you kidding?:brainsnap
Nope. Love mine. Stay dry and it doesn't retain the body moisture like the vinyl suits do. Rode in it in a frog strangler coming back from Marble Falls on my first Pie Run.

those are worse than getting wet...At least when you wear no rain gear you can dry out when it quits raining..
That wasn't my experience at all.

Nope. Love mine. Stay dry and it doesn't retain the body moisture like the vinyl suits do. Rode in it in a frog strangler coming back from Marble Falls on my first Pie Run.

That wasn't my experience at all.

I bought a new set and wore them one time..My butt was so chapped before I got home I was having to ride standing up on the footpegs..It was the most miserable ride I've ever experienced..They went straight into the garbage when I finally made it home..My scalded butt took a little longer to resolve..

:giveup:

I bought a 2 piece rain suit from Wal-Mart several years ago ($25) and have been caught in some pretty bad storms on several occassions and was completely happy with it.

I then thought I'd try a motorcycle specific two piece because the legs are a bit longer and it has that mesh liner inside to help with ventalation. The MC specific stuff did work, but at 3X the price it was not any better than the Wal-Mart stuff I got.

I have a yellow Frogg Toggs 2 piece that's the farmer John bib bottoms with suspenders and seperate top. I love it and it has kept me dry in some impressive rain storms.

I have a yellow Frogg Toggs 2 piece that's the farmer John bib bottoms with suspenders and seperate top. I love it and it has kept me dry in some impressive rain storms.

Same here. Love my 2pc Frogg Toggs. It's the only rainsuit I've worn that didn't leave me drenched in my own sweat.

My Brother Bought the Triumph One peice. We were both gonna get one but they only had one in a large. So, I let him buy it. (I have three older rainsuits ) The one piece he got only comes in black, but it's very, very visible with all the Retro Reflective piping. Bottom line...He loved being dry. Hated the way he had to get in and out of it. One peice stay drier, Two piece is more convienient. I'm buying his one peice and he is getting a two peice from Triumph. Yes :thumb: If you get a Two P get do the Suspenders thing!

The 1st pic, the bike on the left, is that a reflection or does it have a very large lower wind fairing?

Back