• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR 650 Stolen in New Braunfels

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Waller
Anyone from San Antonio to Austin and all points in between....

My 2009 KLR 650 was stolen out of my garage in New Braunfels on Sunday night. It was black with the green trim. Pretty much stock. I did replace the petcock with a manual petcock. So, if you work at a shop in the area, here are a couple things I know the bike needs. I hadn't been riding it recently because it had a bad thermostat or something and the valves needed adjustment. I just hadn't gotten around to fixing either issue and have plenty of other bikes to ride. Still, I don't like that it was stolen. I was going to fix it up and either sell it to a friend or give it to my son. Also stolen was a white Bilt Explorer helmet and some sort of cheap green and black motocross helmet I picked up at a Wal-Mart but don't remember the name of the brand. Don't care so much for the helmets, only mentioned it in case you see a KLR fitting the description and the rider wearing one of the two helmets, it could be the thief. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Here's a picture with the bike. The top box was not on the bike when stolen.
546719_3151270470985_514002656_n.jpg

Thanks,
Justin

Sorry to hear.

Was the garage left open, or dd they open the door?

Pretty ballsy either way for the perp. If he keeps it up, hopefully Darwin will get him (in the form of a homeowner protecting their home & property with a firearm). That's the only acceptable outcome for a thief.

Got a call from a detective today. A neighbor got his motorcycle stolen a few days ago as well. What the heck? All of a sudden my neighborhood has become a free motorcycle buffet for scumbags! If you're in New Braunfels with a motorcycle, be very very careful.

There are some pretty decent and inexpensive home camera systems nowadays, You may want to invest in one, along with a motion activated light. I have a four camera system at my place. I also have $80-100 dash cams in every vehicle I own, to document the idiots. 90% of the time my helmet mounted GoPro is running is not to capture the ride, but for the reason listed above. At the end of the days I just clear the memory. Sucks we gotta live in a world where you have to do this, but it is what it is...

Where in New Braunfels do you live? I'm at walnut and Klein, and have been hearing talk of nefarious characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where in New Braunfels do you live? I'm at walnut and Klein, and have been hearing talk of nefarious characters.

I live down Mary Blvd, actually on Lone Star Drive, close to Clear Springs. It's a nice, quiet place, for the most part. But, then this sort of thing happens. Oh well.

I live down Mary Blvd, actually on Lone Star Drive, close to Clear Springs. It's a nice, quiet place, for the most part. But, then this sort of thing happens. Oh well.

Was your garage open?

Back