• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Serious jeep trail

We don't need don't need directions Pilgrim. There is the trail head just up that way...
John-Wayne-Motorcycle.jpg

There was and I think it is still there I will ride over there in near future and ride it, taking Pictures :eek2::roll:

Cool. Post up the tracks when you do. mcrider has given us one example that looks promising and there may be others. Right now all we have is a road than can only be found by those who have ridden it. I just don't want someone to get into trouble (and tear up a national park) over vague directions.

I know of a gravel road that whiskysmith couldn`t find and he rode right past it :giveup: I had to show him where it was :clap: i`ve taken people on it several times already yet :rider:

My friend says,When the dirt road changes to pavement A sigh is there that says
Del City
Gas
Food
He thought the dirt Road was about 17 miles than Pavement for about 30 miles
He was on road 2005,the two off them rode that road,and it shows to still be there

Cleatusj's last post has a good description of the route....

mcrider also posted the track from our trip in 2010.
That is most likely the one Hounddog is looking for.

It had a few short, ugly sections when we rode it, but may be much worse now since the heavy rains they had recently.

You can also stay on G014 for about 20 miles and intersect NM 506, which is the main road to Dell City.

As I stated in post #14, you can't get to Dell City from Hwy 137 without going thru El Paso Gap...

The loop in the center shown on the track I posted (#39) is not for the faint of hart. :eek2: It is filled with sharp embeded rocks without dirt & a lot of elevation change. Not a novice trail, but it was FUN! :rider:

My friend says,When the dirt road changes to pavement A sigh is there that says
Del City
Gas
Food
He thought the dirt Road was about 17 miles than Pavement for about 30 miles
He was on road 2005,the two off them rode that road,and it shows to still be there

Peyote? There has to be an explanation.

Back