• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 Iron Butt Rally

Friend of a friend John Cooper (he's a big ol boy) arriving at the finish line, and friend & neighbor (and former IBR finisher) Marc Beaulac is waving in the background.

i-cKqHnC7-XL.jpg

The Boge family upon arrival. She will have a heck of a "What I did over the summer" presentation when she goes back to school.

i-2LK87rC-XL.jpg

The Rally Mistress, Lisa Landry. She who rules with an Iron Fist, or a hug and sympathetic shoulder depending upon the circumstances.

i-VHrPZMb-XL.jpg

Excel spreadsheet attached with a variety of Final and Per-Leg results and stats. Source data was the incremental results posted in the IBR Daily Reports, but this is of course "Unofficial".

edit/update - please see post 167 below

Last edited:
Here's a slightly more 'robust' version of my spreadsheet for those that want to play with deleting columns and such. Nothing's changed in what you 'see' - I just converted all the formulas to fixed values, so if you delete a formula-referenced column you don't lose everything calculated from that. Again, the Un-Protect password is "IBR" (not required to change the sort order of the data as explained below).

If, when you save it, you get a filename *.php or any extension other than ".xlsx" .... simply edit the extension to ".xlsx" and all should work fine.

Amazing event, kudos to all participants and all the volunteers who made it happen!

Hint: Click the "v" in the small box at the corner of any column title to 'sort' all the lines by a different 'criteria'.

E.g. to see everyone ranked by 'Final Efficiency' (overall Points-per-Mile), go to "PPM" under "Final Standings", click the "v" and choose "Sort Largest to Smallest". You'll see Wolfe Bonham had the highest overall efficiency (11.7 PPM) though he finished in 11th place; overall winner Jim Owen took first place with an 11th-rank overall efficiency of 10.5 PPM.

To get back to the original sort, go to the "Place" column under "Final Standings", click the "v" and choose "Sort Smallest to Largest".

Just fun stuff to play with for the numbers-geeks.

;-)

R2 edit
+ fixed freeze-frame to keep row/column titles from scrolling off screen
+ fixed participant name errors

Attachments

• 2017 IBR FINAL Results and Stats R2.xlsx
    48.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Thank you for spotwalla animation. Really cool!

Please don't thank us, please thank Jason Jonas who created SpotWalla and provides it to the LD riding community for free. The IBR created over 1,000,000 page views in that 11 day period, and Jason has to pay Google an amount per page views. They actually shut him down for a few hours on the first day because he had so many hits to the page.

Jason does accept donations and if you use SpotWalla or viewed any of the marker pages during the rally, please send him a couple of bucks. Again, although it's free to us to use, the costs come out of his pocket.

https://spotwalla.com/help/index.php#donate

Jason also runs the Ride Master page.
https://rides.jasonjonas.com/index.php

Back