• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moab/Canyonlands April 17-26th - Need 4th rider

Please tell me that's not the Tow Vehicle.........
This should, "Really" be a good Ride Report.........
DSC00136.jpg

Nope. That is his old truck. He has a 3/4 ton GM diesel that we will be using for this trip :thumb:

This is 6 bikes on a trailer pulled by an Excursion. Some of the guys packed like girls. :lol2: I'd love to do this trip it just isn't the right time.

4d5c845c.jpg

This is 6 bikes on a trailer pulled by an Excursion. Some of the guys packed like girls. :lol2: I'd love to do this trip it just isn't the right time.

4d5c845c.jpg

I usually pack them three abreast: front row of three, back row of three, and then one across the back sideways. When packing the big bikes with the small ones, we usually put one big bike in the middle with small ones on each side, then a small bike in the middle with big bikes on each side. If we need to, we will reverse the direction of the middle bike to keep handle bars from whacking each other. My trailer looks a lot like the one in your pic. I have lots of tie down points and eye hooks installed for strapping stuff down. I also have a pipe that sides between the front of the wheel well and the vertical beam at that point. It has large angle iron pieces attached that act as wheel chocks to stabilize the front tires of the second row of bikes.

Back