• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

crazy road rage...

jsb223

Reaction score
First Name
jsb223
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVuQaPpHXzU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVuQaPpHXzU[/ame]

mods please delete if a re-post...

Looked like he was in the HOV lane and the car decided to come on over on top of him... the kick probanly didn't help, though... but not an excuse to try and kill somebody.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yea your probably right, the car may not have seen the bike when he came over initially. Then the kick triggered the event. It's not clear if the car driver may have been spooked by the kick and jerked as a reaction hearing the kick or intentionally drove into him.

If the car came over without seeing him, then I blame the biker.

Personally with almost 50 years of riding experience I have seen too many times were a cage driver just doesn't pay attention to bikes around them.

Biker should have backed off and let him go.
But it's real easy to Monday quarterback!

Really too bad for the other driver minding himself then gets flipped. Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you watch very many cager vs biker video compilations offered up on Youtube, you'll find that the biker over reacts and turns vigilante or rides in the cagers blind spot and is forced to avoid.
Being "in the right" doesn't mean much while in the hospital or just dead.

Video ... a good editor can make a viewing audience believe anything he wants.

Last edited:
Kudos to the guy on the cycle for keep it together. He probably needs new riding pants though. A tool move for the car coming over and a tool move on the cyclist kicking he car. Just pull over and shoot it out like reasonable adults. The poor guy in the truck has got to be quite upset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of what may have happened before, this is inexcusable.

If you watch very many cager vs biker video compilations offered up on Youtube, you'll find that the biker over reacts and turns vigilante or rides in the cagers blind spot and is forced to avoid.
Being "in the right" doesn't mean much while in the hospital or just dead.

100% true. A wrong move by a cager doesn't mean you should assault them or their vehicle. The biker is probably a vlogger.

Car driver appears to be a complete tool. He crossed the double double yellow into the hov lane. Can't send many demerits the bikers way for being in the blind spot in that situation. Car appears to be a single occupant so wth is he doing in the hov? Check out the big dent in the cars door as it spins - that rider can kick!

That's clearly Valentino Rossi. Only Rossi could stay up like that AND be able to cause a multi vehicle accident with a single kick. Just ask Marquez. :D

Biker is an idiot no matter the circumstances. Everyone knows bikers die when rammed by cars, and people in small cars are killed when those cowboy wannabes in big pickup trucks get in the way. Oh, ... wait!

That is why there are cams on all the vehicles I drive on the highway these days. About 150k miles a year I see a lot of such dumb stuff and videos are great legal defense.

This video will get the rider convicted because he escalated the interaction, if not initiated. Law doesn't seem to care much difference from what I've read/heard--you are supposed to avoid conflict, not escalate, and the rider certainly could have. If the driver did something to put the rider at risk before, rider calling 911 and emailing the video would have convicted the driver before all said and done.

In fairness, it's not just bikes. A couple of weeks ago while pulling my trailer through Denver, I nearly changed lanes into a full sized pickup truck because I didn't turn my head far enough to see him in the deep end of my blind spot. He didn't get mad & try to ram me or wave a gun at me; he merely tapped his horn & moved left a bit. I pulled back & gave an apologetic wave. Nobody died. Nobody was threatened.

Let's be honest folks - every single one of us makes an occasional mistake when driving or riding. Why do we think it's so much more deserving of personal retribution when somebody else is equally imperfect? Give the other guy your horn (not your finger; he can't hear your finger), make the necessary correction, and get on with your life. Part of being mature enough to drive a motor vehicle is disciplining ourselves to think with our brains instead of our emotions.

As good as California cagers already are with sharing the road, I think this news clip coverage stepped up their game a couple notches. I was out riding the mountains yesterday only a few miles from where this occurred. Coming back into the city and hitting some early rush hour traffic I felt like Moses parting the Red Sea when lane splitting. Extra wide berth was given by many moving over to aid my pass. All cooperating and attentive cagers received a friendly thank you wave.

It's like watch Nascar wow! Clearly Sentra's fault for assaulting a defenseless Harley!

But this might have been staged. The camera on the chase car zoom, pan and focus on the incident perfectly like a professional camera man.

Last edited:
I've watched this exact scenario play out a hundred times on the freeways in California; 1.) Motorcyclist is riding along in the HOV lane, minding his own business 2.) Cager decides to illegally cross the quadruple or double yellow into the HOV lane to avoid congestion ahead but doesn't see the motorcycle 3.) Road rage and-or a crash ensues.

The rider reacted poorly, but a C note says the cager instigated the incident. In the end, everybody looks bad. But I say kudos to the rider for avoiding the attempt on his life and keeping the shiny side up. That was impressive for sure.

b87.jpg

Last edited:
But Chris didn't call 911. Instead, he called Sherry's Berries and ordered the motorcyclist some chocolate covered treats to honor his riding skills.

:mrgreen:

It's all over the news now - just try googling "California road rage crash." Even the BBC has it covered! In interviews the guys that captured the video say the two were tangling beforehand. The video is from a cellphone, not a dashcam, that's why it doesn't capture the initial seconds. So everything that happens is quite intentional. If you watch it full screen on a big monitor the car makes full body contact with the bike during the swerve left.

The biker just rode off into the sunset (well, sunrise). Nobody got a license plate. The CHP is out looking for him. So, if you're the rider, do you come forward voluntarily?

The biker just rode off into the sunset (well, sunrise). Nobody got a license plate. The CHP is out looking for him. So, if you're the rider, do you come forward voluntarily?

Depends. If you did nothing wrong, then hey why not? In fact, regardless he should because someone will come forward soon. "Hey that looks like Jim a couple houses down" Best to get out in front of this ahead of time.

Actually since they had "tangled" before, this just looks worse for the cycle rider. Once the Sentra came over, he should have fallen back or quickly rode out of the HOV lane. At some point, someone has to be the more responsible one.

What kina bike is that? Looks like a 2013 Honda F6B. If so, you con probably find him over on the forums. :mrgreen: Cycle pants for sale, slightly stained.
Ooops gotta a better look, it looks like an HD so not as narrow a field as I thought.

Last edited:
When things escalate like that, it ultimately doesn't matter who started it. The first move was probably a bonehead goof. The next move was retaliatory anger. Everything from there was inexcusable from both sides. Regardless of who started it, when you choose to escalate an incident and perpetuate that sort of behavior, you invite consequences upon yourself.

Let's be honest folks - every single one of us makes an occasional mistake when driving or riding. Why do we think it's so much more deserving of personal retribution when somebody else is equally imperfect? Give the other guy your horn (not your finger; he can't hear your finger), make the necessary correction, and get on with your life. Part of being mature enough to drive a motor vehicle is disciplining ourselves to think with our brains instead of our emotions.

This is one thing I've tried to come to grips with lately. Watch a few videos of places like Russia or Vietnam and you quickly realize that what here appears to be someone "Trying to kill you" wouldn't even be a blip on the radar over there. In most cases we have lots of room. In most cases we have lots of options. For me moving over, zipping around with a look is about as far as I try to take it. I do get miffed if I'm on the horn and they just keep on coming, but I've never kicked a car.

I'd guess the right thing to do is exit the scene because someone hit you intentionally with a vehicle, then at the next exit call it in and let em know where you are. Seems like it's generally better if you initiate the contact than to have to be hunted down.

This is one thing I've tried to come to grips with lately. Watch a few videos of places like Russia or Vietnam and you quickly realize that what here appears to be someone "Trying to kill you" wouldn't even be a blip on the radar over there.

And speaking of Russia, check this guy who decided to mess with the wrong cast of characters:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjGBdGWE1Q"]The greatest road rage of all time - YouTube[/ame]

Back