• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For low ballers

I have bought things on accident by low balling. More than once, I'm a slow learner.

I wasn't all that serious about buying or didn't really want it so I tossed out a ridiculous low offer and the seller sticks out his hand...oops...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Maybe it's simply a question of "perceived" value versus "actual" value (whatever that is....).

Any of the book values can be a guide, along with other recent sales, other ads' asking price's and even completed auctions on Ebay. But, none of that makes any difference at all if a buyer isn't willing to shell out x number of dollars.

If the item's value is truly what someone will ultimately pay for it, then why bother with an asking price at all? A "make an offer" ad on CL would be asking for it though, but here, who knows?

I've bought from dealers, CL, TWT and Ebay (back in the day, not recently) and I've found one of the best parts of dealing is the interaction between like-minded individuals. Honestly, the next best thing after riding motorcycles is probably talking motorcyles. :-P

I don't have a problem with negotiating but "what's the lowest you'll go" is just terrible, terrible negotiation. Respect the game, man!

I don't have a problem with negotiating but "what's the lowest you'll go" is just terrible, terrible negotiation. Respect the game, man!

Well, I was asking $3500, but since you took 3 seconds to text me "whats the bottom dollar", I'll suddenly decide I'll take half as much, just for you, random Craigslist person.

I mean come on, could you be any more lazy about this.

Respect the game? That's freaking hilarious. Ain't nobody got time for that. Cut to the chase and seal the deal. The quicker you arrive at an agreeable price the better it is for both sides.

I love the "what's your lowest price".... If you have the time let the fun begin��. If you do not have time just don't respond.

Respect the game? That's freaking hilarious. Ain't nobody got time for that. Cut to the chase and seal the deal. The quicker you arrive at an agreeable price the better it is for both sides.

That's easy, pay asking price.

Anybody asks me what my bottom dollar is, it's asking price. If they actually want to haggle over something, I can be moved a bit.

Back