• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tilt-a-Rack bike hitch hauler $100

Reaction score
600lb version. Easy loading/unloading. Has been all over TX and a dual sport trip to Taylor Park, CO. Knows all the good spots. Only issue is it is clumsy to install in the receiver and puts a crick in my 72 yr old back. Located in the Beaumont area. $100. No photos but Google is your friend.

If it was al I wouldn't be selling it. It is really not terribly heavy but awkward to handle, like lifting a human. I am quite confident it would look great on your vehicles and all your buddies would be impressed. You do want to live an impressive life don't you?

Well I'm not to far behind you in age and already have one that's awkward to handle. :giveup: I'm also confident may buddies would NOT be impressed watching me trying to stab that into my vehicle :trust: Good luck with the sale

Last edited:
Any idea if it will hold a BMW1200GS, not so much the weight but the width (handle bars/cylinders) ? I'll do some measuring tomorrow when I get home.If it will fit I'll take it.
Thanks.

My bars are 30in wide on my dirt bikes and I have no issues. Since we are not that far apart maybe we could meet part way and let you do some measuring. What does your bike weigh? That is a pretty big bike, especially if loaded. Personally I would be nervous rolling that thing up on a rack. You sure your receiver is strong enough?

My bars are 30in wide on my dirt bikes and I have no issues. Since we are not that far apart maybe we could meet part way and let you do some measuring. What does your bike weigh? That is a pretty big bike, especially if loaded. Personally I would be nervous rolling that thing up on a rack. You sure your receiver is strong enough?

I wouldn't be comfortable with it on there.

I wouldn't either. I know the rack is strong enough but I just would not feel comfortable, would spend more time looking in the rear view mirror than the windshield. No fun.

Darn!. If you were closer I'd be all over it. I don't know when I'll get down that way though.

Well I don't think it's going to work for my big bike, I did some measuring and I need 22"minimal from the middle of my handle bars to my tailgate. Online it only shows about 15" max......
Good luck with the sale, I guess I'll be looking for a trailer at some point!

Hmmm, how wide are your bars from a center measurement? Mine are 16in and still leave plenty room. I also tilt the bike a little away from the vehicle to the rear. I have a Tahoe with a big expensive window and it was never an issue. Also, do you know the true weight of your bike loaded? Remember, you will still need to roll it UP the ramp a little until it tilts back level. That is the part that makes me nervous. My NX650 is around 400lbs with gas and it made me nervous.

Last edited:
Is this the rack?

tilt-a-rack-hero.jpg

http://www.discountramps.com/tilt-a-rack-carriers/c/BRAND-TAR/

Your comfort level may be better if your hauler vehicle is a full size truck or suburban like vehicle (meaning something heavy) but if something lighter like a Nissan Frontier (or similar sized truck (or small SUV) when I had my 919 Hornet on one of these racks it made the front end of my truck feel a little too light for me to feel like the truck would handle safely going down the road. My truck is the short bed with a quad cab FWIW.

Back