• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello! So Cal transplant here in Frisco, TX

Reaction score
Sup Dudes and Dudettes?:rider:

SoCal transplant here. Been looking for some twisties hear in the Great Republic of Texas.
Born and raised in San Diego. Lived in the surrounding areas.

Just moved my Girlfriend to Austin last month and finally moved here to Frisco, Tx. last week.

Found some links to some MX parks and seen some of the local Road tracks. Now I just need to find some twisties like back home and I'll settle in.

Ride mostly dirt but have recently been converted to SuperMoto.

I did quite a bit of D/S back in Cali and I've seen that there are some great dual sport rides here.

I do a lot of street riding but my passion is for the dirt.

Been riding since 1978 when my older brother lent me his Yamaha RD400 to take my G/F home:)

I'm going to try to make the Plano meet and greet this Thursday night. Hope to meet some new two wheel enthusiast. I'll be on my Black DRZ. Since I'll be the Newb stop by and say hey.

Scott Rivera

Currently own:

2006 Honda CRF 450R Dirt and Motard Trim for it.
2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2005 Honda CBR1000RR (For Sale. I think.)
2003 Honda XRfidie
1997 Honda XR650L Dirt and Sportsman's Motard Trim

Past bikes:

2005 Yamaha YZ250
2005 Honda CRF450R
2003 honda CRF450R Two of them :)
2001 Suzuki DRZ 400 S
2001 Yamaha R1
1990 Yamaha FZR 600
1986 Yamaha XT350
1985 Yamaha XT550
1982 Seca 550
1980 Honda 185 ATC
1965 Honda 305 Scrambler

Attachments

• Scott.jpg
    Scott.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 132
Welcome aboard! Hmmm, Frisco, isn't that around Dallas? Twisties in Dallas are the turns into Sonic! :rofl:

I think Dallas is kinda like Houston, the first thing you do is ride to the Hill Country. State Highway 55 and the Farm to Market Road 33Xs (FM337 etc) are regarded as "the best" but there are a lot of FM roads out there that are fun.

Also, hola fellow DRZ-SM owner! I haven't been riding it much since we moved, but on a grin per dollar basis it might be the best I've ever owned:clap:

Thanks for the info Chirpy.

Yeah Frisco is located where the North Dallas Tollway ends.

Since my girlfriend is out in Austin I'll be out there as much as possible.

I just figured that there has to be some sort of a twist in the road here in the Dallas area.

L8r.............

My husband Squidward should be able to help you with the MX parks around, unfortunately several of them have closed due to tree huggers and whiners. I think we've lost 2 or 3 in the last year or so in the D/FW area.

He can't access TWT at work for some reason, but he'll chime in when he can ;-)

As far as twisties, we have a few up here, you'll have to hit FM 4 at least once, or twice! Several of us have routes put together *ahemMarkcough* so you'll just have to watch for upcoming rides.

You willing to come to the Fort Worth side of the metroplex? If so, then you can come ride with the Burleson Mafia (as dubbed by Gilk51, haha) and bung, our Fort Worth addition to the group.

Kim

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Kim. I'll have to map quest FM 4. Yeah I'm always willing to travel to ride. Up to four or five hours in a cage with a bike in tow is not uncommon for me.:wave:

Dude I am or was from San Bernadino & Bakersfield. I can hook you up on some really nice twisty roads South of Ft. Worth. We call it area 51. Then we can take you to Muenster for some dirty fun!:rider:

Kewl, I was begining to wonder where the love was.

SoCal riders in the house huh?

It would be good to see some friendly SoCal faces. Give me a few months to settle and we'll hook up for a ride.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Back