• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FM 470

Goat10

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Vance
I'm planning a ride and need some info please, how is FM 470 between the Vanderpool area to Bandera? I ride a ZRX so would need stay on pavement.

I appreciate the info!

I was all over that area in April, when camping near Frio River. Great roads, good pavement. Have fun.

Thanks y'all, unfortunately I was out in the sun to much the day before and couldn't sleep so I didn't go, definitely going to try and check it out before my wrist procedure. I appreciate the intel! :)

I rode it last weekend and as said above the road is in good shape. Can't say that for 337 between Leakey and Medina since it has chip seal on it in areas. The tar is dried up, but there is still some loose gravel.

I rode that area just after Labor Day. Starting in Bandera I rode hwy 16 to Medina and hwy 337 to Vanderpool. I was stopped at the turn off for hwy 337 to Leakey due to road construction. Guy said they were doing chip seal work at the top. Rats, I was on my scooter and wanted to see if it would make it up the long uphill plus I was wanting to pass some slow moving cruisers. So instead I rode to Utopia, had pie at Lost Maples, and rode fm 470 back to Bandera, which was fine.

Back