• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fanny Gasket

Reaction score
First Name
JD
Last Name
Evans
I'm considering making a purchase of the AirHawk2 air bladder seat cushion. It looks like it might save the tender bits from the Marquis de Sade who designed my stock seat. I can literally feel the muscle and tissue being pinched between the stock seat and the hip replacement hardware. The two screws securing the hardware to the pelvis are effectively becoming shiskebobs to my posterior.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with one of these seat cushions? I want to try this before investing in a custom seat.

I use a Air Hawk on long rides and love it. I only use it on longer rides when I won't be making many stops due to the increased seat height and my short legs. It takes minimal inflation for the best comfort. My wife use the Air Hawk II and also loves it. The only difference I can tell between the two are price and the Air Hawk II has a thinner rubber bladder.

I have one. I've used it some in the summer and it felt hot. I like my sheep skin more then. But, for you it would be great. It's like an air mattress on rocky ground. Those screws won't reach the seat if you have it inflated just right. That's the key, your lowest spot should be about an eighth of an inch off the seat. That way it spreads the load to all of your bottom. Stroked and Bored lived on a motorcycle for days at a time and the air hawk is favorite.

Last edited:
I have a airhawk that I bought off the site and never used. You are welcome to borrow it to see if you like it. If it winds up it works for you I would be willing to swap/trade it for something I could use. KP

I bought one a few weeks ago. Only used it a couple of rides but seems to work pretty good for me. Gonna give it a 3 day test this weekend.

I now ride a Versys 1000. The edges of the seat fall away in a manner that is creating two pressure points just before the seat transitions from "flat" to the rounded edges.

I have a airhawk that I bought off the site and never used. You are welcome to borrow it to see if you like it. If it winds up it works for you I would be willing to swap/trade it for something I could use. KP

And that right there is why I love this site!
Well done KP, you're a legend, keep it up. :clap::clap::clap:

I put somewhere around 20k on one between a Harley and a vstrom. It worked really well. The trick is to let almost all the air out of it. Don't blow it up hard.

From the title, I thought maybe you were having sphincter surgery. :eek2:

I love mine. It's worth about 200 miles a day in additional riding. If I wear it out, I'll just buy another. And StrokedNBored is dead on - fill it only as much as you have to. It's an air cushion, not a life jacket.

I have used the Airhawk 2 , and then the Airhawk R. With the 2 model, like others have said you don't inflate it very much, but when you sit on it, the air transfers to the front portion and crowds the family jewels too much for me. The Airhawk R is much better in this respect. They definitely help, but not near as much as an Adcox seat or a Russel.

Seat Concepts have amazing seats for a good price. Montejay and I are hopefully soon going to put one on both of our bikes. I have a $50 memory foam cushion on mine and on longer rides still get uncomfortable. My 08 KLR still has the older seat style which doesn't help at all. But have heard nothing but praises about Seat Concept. Have also heard of you call them to order you can ask for harder or softer deal to the seat.

https://seat-concepts.myshopify.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had a Harley Road Zappelin seat bladder. It a better air bladder with on-the-fly adjustment air pump.

I could ride all day and not feel my rear :-). Now in the curves I could not feel comfortable as I could not grip the seat with the air bladder.

From the title, I thought maybe you were having sphincter surgery. :eek2:

I love mine. It's worth about 200 miles a day in additional riding. If I wear it out, I'll just buy another. And StrokedNBored is dead on - fill it only as much as you have to. It's an air cushion, not a life jacket.

Fanny gasket or air hawk??

Back