• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

::: From rainy Cambodia to sunny Vietnam

Can you see the hotel front yard? It made from granite or ceramic. And that's stupid idea, really stupid.
You know why? Because it is very slippery when being wet. I and my buddies were almost had a mishap when entering this yard by turning around the water pond at the middle. Stupid design.

DSC06147_zps56e7fc0d.jpg

<cut>

I thought it was from the rain, it looked like it was under water. Even though very pretty, I have never seen a parking lot like that. I bet they use it for outdoor parties and put tables out there. Stupid for a parking lot.

Looks like someone from TWT will have a ride in Vietnam this weekend :clap:
Teaser post and photos only here. I will do a ride report when I return.

Longest RTE I've ever done (actually maybe the first). Technically a FlyTE-RTE including the 30 hr total travel time to Saigon.

First stop of the day for breakfast.

20140905_202602_zpsqxbwns3v.jpg

Trung and his son Bond

20140905_202535_zpsudfqxhqz.jpg

View from breakfast the next morning

20140906_205041_zpsztopa78t.jpg

_

how is it going EL senior SB ? nice.. keep them pics a coming:sun:

:storm: looks like suns poking through..:sun:
10th anniversary of what ? :rider:

:storm: looks like suns poking through..:sun:
10th anniversary of what ? :rider:

10th anniversary of ACE MTSG, Trung's ride club. He was instrumental in the forming of it and manages their website. It stands for ACE Mo To (two word term for motorcycle) and SG stands for Saigon.

They invited a few other clubs to their event to celebrate with them; Ducati Riders, ST Riders and Harley Riders. Had attendees from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and of course Vietnam.

Give me a week or so and I'll post up a new thread with my trip and ride report.

_

I like your avitar!:clap:

Very nice pictures. I hope to be able to travel one day.
Thanks.
Someone have just done that :) He will soon tell you how's his feeling :) :eat:

I like it, too. I hope the Chinese "political correctness" police don't have a long reach. :eek2:
We all like "making love", not war :lol2:

I thought it was from the rain, it looked like it was under water. Even though very pretty, I have never seen a parking lot like that. I bet they use it for outdoor parties and put tables out there. Stupid for a parking lot.

Yeah, that's why.
It's quite an lesson learned when going to some place where you may not familiar with.

Early morning, woke up and saw the rain still. Too bad.
The front yard looks nice, doesn't it?

DSC06156_zpsbb0089a5.jpg

Hekk, that KTM690 did a funny parking. He seemed like my bike a lot:

DSC06158_zpse6e7c493.jpg

Two offroad Queens :lol3:

DSC06159_zps134a8c08.jpg

Yeah, they are Queens:

DSC06161_zpsf6192c28.jpg

Fully waterproof. IP67x I think. Made from hotel shower caps LOL:

DSC06162_zps4a94695e.jpg

Gotta fix up something for the Hayabusa, he suck after 200km offroad:

DSC06165_zpsd0380b2d.jpg

DSC06166_zps4a1994b8.jpg

Yeah, it looks like a real GS:

DSC06168_zpsb92fa1e2.jpg

Then we went out of the City. It was still raining like ****. We stopped at a gas station approx 20km from the Hotel.
We rode the National road #19, thru An Khe pass. Rode too fast as we had not had any nice twisties since departure :) thus no photo there.
Down the An Khe pass, this is a rest stop.

DSC06170_zpsaa08640a.jpg

DSC06171_zpse03e26a0.jpg

DSC06172_zps90a153b5.jpg

Cross the main National road #1, we reached the sea side. Went for lunch at very nice place:

DSC06174_zpsbc8e15ef.jpg

DSC06175_zps328b05a2.jpg

This is where the river approaching the ocean:

DSC06179_zps5ff3679a.jpg

DSC06180_zps94f01510.jpg

DSC06182_zps17a1bcb8.jpg

THANKS for bring us all along.
Great times nice folks wonderful bikes
definitely a ride of a lifetime!
Awesome cities! (there no traffic like down town Houston at 7am:lol2:)

be safe everyone !

Back